What's new

sony vaio

Buck_Bucholz

i like to put holes in my face
hey i just got my hands on a sony vaio psg-xg700 laptop, its ok im looking for something more for gaming though, so heres my question, i figgure i can sell it on ebay, or if anyone on here hit me up if ou do, but how are sonys with upgrading? i want a full gaming computer, would it be better off to just sell it (i want at least 800) and build a desktop i know with 800 will build me something nice, or should i be lazy and put it towards a alienware laptop? pay a lump sum and do the rest in payments? anyone here have a alienwarelaptop? how are they? good easy to upgrade? anyway if anyone can help lemme know.

ba ba ba buck :alien2:

revl8er

That Damn Good
Alienware pc's cost way too much. Put your money on building your own and save some money, or if your gonna be lazy and get a custom one built for you then get it from ibuypower or cyberpowerpc

OP
Buck_Bucholz

Buck_Bucholz

i like to put holes in my face
yea alienware is gay

i dont even know why i said that i love building my own, i guess pretty colors catch my eye :evil:

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Buck_Bucholz said:
hey i just got my hands on a sony vaio psg-xg700 laptop, its ok im looking for something more for gaming though, so heres my question, i figgure i can sell it on ebay, or if anyone on here hit me up if ou do, but how are sonys with upgrading? i want a full gaming computer, would it be better off to just sell it (i want at least 800) and build a desktop i know with 800 will build me something nice, or should i be lazy and put it towards a alienware laptop? pay a lump sum and do the rest in payments? anyone here have a alienwarelaptop? how are they? good easy to upgrade? anyway if anyone can help lemme know.
ba ba ba buck :alien2:

Are you talking about 800 mhz? 800 mhz is outdated for gaming unless you have a Voodoo-based video card, if you're talking about the processor.

-Shadow-

Banned
RJA said:
Are you talking about 800 mhz? 800 mhz is outdated for gaming unless you have a Voodoo-based video card, if you're talking about the processor.

800Mhz are even outdated ( too slow ) with a voodoo card , as well as the voodoo is quite out of date ( and useless for gaming ) . You get even better emulation results with actual graphics cards . And btw , there are no voodoos for laptops ;)

@buck : An Alienware Laptop is a good choice , if you got the Money for that ;)

minkster

I think he means he wants to sell the laptop for at least 800 dollars. I dont think he was talking about mhz....I could be wrong :p

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
H3ad5h0tter said:
800Mhz are even outdated ( too slow ) with a voodoo card , as well as the voodoo is quite out of date ( and useless for gaming ) . You get even better emulation results with actual graphics cards . And btw , there are no voodoos for laptops ;)

@buck : An Alienware Laptop is a good choice , if you got the Money for that ;)

But, with a desktop if you like games that can use Glide, can be faster than Direct3D and OpenGL even with the same processor. Except for with maybe DirectX versions before 8x, with Direct3D and OpenGL, you will want the fastest processor or a video card with the Radeon X800 GPU or GeForce 6800 GT GPU.

Of coarse, I dunno if either GPU is available for laptop PCs or not.

-Shadow-

Banned
RJARRRPCGP said:
But, with a desktop if you like games that can use Glide, can be faster than Direct3D and OpenGL even with the same processor. Except for with maybe DirectX versions before 8x, with Direct3D and OpenGL, you will want the fastest processor or a video card with the Radeon X800 GPU or GeForce 6800 GT GPU.

Of coarse, I dunno if either GPU is available for laptop PCs or not.

But try to find an actual game wich uses glide ! Those games are mostly from 199X ( and then the speed difference can't be really seen with bare eyes ;) ) So that argument isn't that important .

Counterstrike ( WON version , not the steam one ) can use glide , it ran about 75 fps with my old PC ( Voodoo 3 3000 , 500 Mhz Celeron ) and it runs about 200 fps with my current config ( OpenGL ) , the difference can be really ignored .

I've seen 9800 Desktop GPU's , they were already really fast ! You even get a warmer for your legs :D About 50° temperature .