What's new

Radiant Silvergun

ippi

I'm trying to get Radiant Silvergun to work on the Saturn Emulators. I've followed the Cassini instructions on building a bin/cue of RS.

As of this moment I've tried two emulators... SSF 007 Prototype R10b and Cassini.

SSF is really really slow and there are scan lines... also I can't seem to figure out how to launch the game when i'm in the CD Player screen.

Cassini is a lot smoother and the Saturn screen logo is really smooth and stuff. However, when it reaches the CD Player screen, it freezes up. You can see in the background the stars are moving, but the CD Player controls are faded dark and the highlighter doesn't move.

Another question is this -- when mounting a bin/cue of a Saturn game, does Windows recognize it? -- That is, can you go into the CD Explorer and view the files, because Windows says that the CD isn't in Windows format and can't read it. Dunno if this is normal or not.

Thanks.

Clements

I believe you need to have one installed to be able to use the Saturn emulators if you use a newer operating system that does not have it such as XP. Force ASPI should do the trick.

Lots of useful info on ASPI layers here:

http://aspi.radified.com/

OP
I

ippi

I'm running the bin/cue off of Alcohol 120% virtual drive. I'll try the ASPI thing tomorrow and hopefully it will work.

Anyway, my attempts to get it to run from Satourne aren't working either. I get the Saturn logo showing up, but when I select an empty drive, I get to the CD Player screen and that's all good and works, but I can't play anything (obviously). When I select the drive with the image mounted, I got a screen written in Japanese saying something about RAM and L and R -- those were the only things I knew how to read... I'll get a screenshot maybe tomorrow.

Last edited: