What's new

New Guy here, my opinion about Chankast and some questions…

duhman0008

Hey there, I finally gave Chankast a try today. Why did it take me so long to try it? Well, first all, I didn’t get a powerful PC until a month ago; second, I never thought that DC emulation was progressing this well.

I’ve been into emulation since summer 1998 (over 6 years now) and I must say that I never expected to see such progress in a 128bit console in such a short time. I mean we can’t even get decent Saturn emulator running and yes, I do know the difference in the complexity of both consoles.

Considering that the first release was less then 4 months ago, this is amazing work. I tried my all time favorite DC game, Jet Grind Radio and besides a few glitches, it's pretty good. Can’t wait to see what we’ll get to do with this emulator in the future.

Now while we’re on the subject of Jet Grind Radio, I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the glitches I have are common or if it’s just the results of my cheap Video card:

-Black Sprite during some part of the game
-Some transparency in the sprites (mainly the heads, we see Beat's goggles when we see him from the back)
-Prof K can’t finish most of his sentences
-Music skips a bit, mostly when characters talk to you (recruiting characters for example)

PC specs:

P4 with Intel board
1Gig of DDR400 RAM
SB Live value soundcard
Radeon 7000 AGP Video card
WinXP Pro with SP2

Thank you for your time

Last edited: