What's new

Chankast not responging........

yangsta

I have an athlon XP processor and a 64 mb geforce mx 420 card. I have daemon tools.. an ISO.. and Chankast with the DC_Bios.bin/DC_Flash files in the directory. After I have mounted the ISO and started chankast with the correct drive selected... when I click start the program just stopps responding every time with every version I have tried. I am using street fighter alpha3 self bootable ISO. What am I doing wrong??

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
What is the exact problem? Does the emulator start? Does it give you an error?

OP
Y

yangsta

nothing happens.. after i click start the program hust freezes and stops responding.. period! =\

abba

ZERO_TOP_HELPER
yangsta said:
nothing happens.. after i click start the program hust freezes and stops responding.. period! =\
you image is corupt try emulating it with a diffrent iso or diffrent cd

OP
Y

yangsta

I've tried it with 3 different ISOs with the same result. I tried it with 2 different copies of SFA3 and Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Update your video card drivers.
EDIT: This problem also happens if you have a fake dreamcast bios image (dc_bios.bin). The size of the file must be 2MB. Try to dump it or download it again. Don't forget that you also need a dc_flash.bin (size=128KB) file in order to run the emulator.

Last edited:
OP
Y

yangsta

Oh sh....t No wonder!

Now that it finally works.... the game doesn't load up though... Whats going on? I mounted it... something else I should do?

Last edited:
OP
Y

yangsta

It says try to use some thing like daemon tools... except I already have that and I mounted the image too. On the newer version the game just doesn't load.. on the older chankast versions it says that I have an IO control error....... problem with that is that in the faq it says to use a virtual drive program like daemon tools... but like I said.. I am using it.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
In order to solve the IO error use daemon tools v3.29 not newer versions, also make sure that you're using the right CD-ROM plugin (xxx for Windows XP, ASPI for windows 2000). If the emulator sends you to the audio cd screen even after that then the games you're trying to run are not selfbootable.

IceWarm

Yes, that is true. I've tried mounting .NRG images and it won't take them. I would record the disc with Nero and then use the recorded disc to make an image. I use Alcohol 120% to make images. Just use the image making tool and you're set. I use CloneCD format when making images.

IceWarm

For Dreamcast, Alcohol 120% works great. You should also probably have Nero because some games might be in an .NRG format.

OP
Y

yangsta

ya I have street fighter alpha3.nrg

I also have marvel vs. capom2.bin

Is it possible to convert .bin files to .iso?

Also.. I use the image burning wizard to convert right?

coyote_jones

I just wanted to say that im using the newer version of Dameon tool and i haven't had a problem... yet. just thought this was worth mentioning.

OP
Y

yangsta

Well your very lucky. I have used the latest version before and it won't load up the games.

OP
Y

yangsta

When I open up the image via ULTRAIso (bin/nrg iso converter) it shows how many MB it has and it shows a green bar with 95% on it. Does that mean that the file is only 95% complete!? This is true with all my games... they say 95% or 35%! Ahhhhh!

WHat size should marvel vs. capcom2 be?

Last edited: