What's new

No$GBA

apexad

It's been awhile since we had any GBA news, so it's time to end this holdout. No$GBA 1.9c has been relased:
<font class=post_quote>29th August 2004 - version 1.9c
- shareware: changed .prg MIME type to "data/binary" (against "virus" filters)
- media: logs writes per sector for EEPROM and FLASH in SAV and SNA files
- controls: ignores POV if joyGetDevCaps HASPOV=0 (should fix "up/down" problem)
- shareware: added "Hello " in auto-generated registration emails
- media/snaps: included FLASH and EEPROM and video REFXY registers in snapshots
- xboo/help: removed notes about giveio/totalio due to built-in nocashio driver
- media: emulates 64KByte FLASH backup memory (used by Sonic, thanks Kirk again)
- bios: emulates RCNT=800Xh when booted from ROM (required for Sonic Advance)
- gui: forces "OK" and "Cancel" setup buttons (instead local language mixup)
- bugfix: even cartchipsizes were incorrectly rounded-up to double-of-even-size
- bugfix: rlu-compressed length (nocashio driver crash, and no$gba startup logo)</font>
Thanx to <a href="http://www.ngemu.com/">ngemu.com</a> for the news.
Visit the No$GBA hompage <a href="http://www.work.de/nocash/gba.htm">here</a>

†kYo†

Master Orochi
it's alot more buggy than the 1st 1 though I can save already with some games FFTA, but most of the time the emulator crashes i already have ts2.bios and already renamed it but it crashes even on some games that when I try to open them the emulator crashes Fire pro wrestling 2,NFS:underground,dbz bukuu tougeki. These games (well at least Fire pro wrestilng and bukuu tougeki)ran fine in the 1st release of no$gba.

bohdy

I've recently tried this out (v2.0) and its amazing, but as always with no$ stuff (yes my first pokemon game was on no$gmb all those years ago) there are many problems.

The dos version particularly is incredible because its just SO FAST! Its literally at least 2x the speed of VBA. However, the menus are extrememly slow and stalled most of the time, and there is a problem with the 15bit and 24bit colour modes because they don't output correcty. 24 bit is alligned terribly so that each side is on either end of my monitor (with the middle of the screen at the point it loops at). Such a shame.

The windows version doesn't work properly in win98 also, and its slower than the Dos version.

*awaiting updates/fixes*

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well *cough* that's because windows does its own evil things in the background and steals cpu power from the emulator :evil: Especially windows xp.