What's new

Screen Borders?

FlatEarth

I am posting this thread since I think it is different than the PAL resolution issue, and searching the forum didn't turn up anything.

Many of the (U) roms I run have borders, usually black, around the active part of the screen. This is not really a problem, but the only way I can run Smash Bros is by using the Jabo 1.3 plugin, and it has that border but with stray video effects (explosions, etc.) that accumulate in the border, which can be sort of distracting. I have tried tweaking the plug-in a little, but to no avail. Using the 1.4 plugin results in missing graphics, like the character selection hand, % signs, and traffic light (but the border remains clean, one of those trade-offs in life I guess).
Anyway, are there any settings I can edit in PJ64 or the plug-in that can reduce or eliminate that border space around the active part of the screen?

(sorry if this sounds like a newbie question, but, well, I am a newbie to this!)

Thanks for any help!

OP
F

FlatEarth

Yup, that's pretty much it. Stray graphics end up in the border space, and just accumulate the longer you play.
I was hoping there is some way to just eliminate the border, but any solution would be welcome!

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
turn Geometry Transforms to External to get rid of the borders on the 1.4 plugin.
tho i wish there was another option to turn border control off