What's new

Mother 1+2 (Earthbound 0 and Earthbound) Translation

Would you like to see a North American relase of Mother 1+2 for GBA?

• Total voters

antiaverage

I bought the Mother 1+2 cartridge for the GBA recently. For those of you who don't know (for those of you who do, skip to the next paragraph), Mother is the name for Earthbound in Japan. Mother 1, or just Mother, was a Japanese only NES release, and Mother 2 is known as Earthbound for the SNES in America. Both of these games were stuffed onto one GBA cartridge and released in Japan only. Many Earthbound fans are very dissapointed that there is no American release date scheduled, much less an English copy of the game at least.

I have transferred the ROM image of Mother 1+2 to my computer using an XG2 and I want to translate it. What is the easiest way to go about this? I already have translations, I just need to change the Japanese into English. Is this just a pipe dream?

Also, just out of curriosity, how many of you would also like to see a North American, English release of this game?

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
antiaverage said:
I bought the Mother 1+2 cartridge for the GBA recently. For those of you who don't know (for those of you who do, skip to the next paragraph), Mother is the name for Earthbound in Japan. Mother 1, or just Mother, was a Japanese only NES release, and Mother 2 is known as Earthbound for the SNES in America. Both of these games were stuffed onto one GBA cartridge and released in Japan only. Many Earthbound fans are very dissapointed that there is no American release date scheduled, much less an English copy of the game at least.

I have transferred the ROM image of Mother 1+2 to my computer using an XG2 and I want to translate it. What is the easiest way to go about this? I already have translations, I just need to change the Japanese into English. Is this just a pipe dream?

Also, just out of curriosity, how many of you would also like to see a North American, English release of this game?
If you really done a backup (a rom) of these game bby yourself just wait, till it's in goodGBA and let cowering check it wheather it's a GoodDump, if it isn't then you shouldn't begin your translation. Then you have to dump it again, till it's a [!]. After that you should look for the script format... if it's compressed, then it's harder to do.
And I would like to see it going about the great ocean, but I don't think that mother will released anywhere else then Nippon, because there are a lot of fans, but outside, only some know these great funny games! It's a shame...

OP
antiaverage

antiaverage

MasterPhW_DX said:
If you really done a backup (a rom) of these game bby yourself just wait, till it's in goodGBA and let cowering check it wheather it's a GoodDump, if it isn't then you shouldn't begin your translation. Then you have to dump it again, till it's a [!]. After that you should look for the script format... if it's compressed, then it's harder to do.
And I would like to see it going about the great ocean, but I don't think that mother will released anywhere else then Nippon, because there are a lot of fans, but outside, only some know these great funny games! It's a shame...

Yes, the ROM checks out, it is a GoodDump. I'm not sure what you mean by the script format. What should I do next in order to begin translation?

Also, have you never heard of Starmen.net? It is the American hub for Earthbound fans. The Mother fanbase in the USA is actually quite large.

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Sorry I'm not an American, so I never heard of it...
BTW:When does the jap version of Mother came out, so that it is in GoodGBA already!?

jeffkong

The only translation patch for Mother 1+2 translates very few things.

The patch has some menus and items translated and very little dialogue.

Clements

I've completed Earthbound with all characters Lv100. Loved that game, my favourite Snes RPG - shame no Europe release. Mother 1 is fully translated for the NES though.

†kYo†

Master Orochi
if you guys really love earthbound why not visit starmen.net, sadly I think that the EB series is already dead....... :(

foogy

Nintendo is still working on earthbound 3, wasnt it announced already? its gonna be on the gba...

i doubt these games are coming to the US.... guess we'll just have to wait for a patch, can't wait. i don't want to play thru Zero on the nes or 1 on the snes cuz the gba has better graphics and i love playing games on the gba better than on an ol console anyways

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
Am I the ONLY person on this planet who hated Earthbound? >_> *ducks to avoid incoming projectiles*
Regardless, I'd be willing to give it another shot if it came out on the GBA. Maybe I just wasn't in an RPG mood when I picked up Earthbound the first time around, I honestly don't know. I just thought it blew.

MasterPhW

Or... okay it's a little of topic, but one of the greatest thing ever would be to play the mother 3 beta on the N64... It was looking so good... and then? Cancelled! :(