What's new

help a newbie.. pls?

enigma^^

Hi there ppl! I'm new to these forums asnd I juz downloaded the cassini emu recently. I've got Shining Holy Ark iso and I found these forums to be quite helpful in sense of converting the iso to bin/cue files (which is great, thanks^^) The problem now is that I can't seem to load the cue file as I always get this particular error where a black screen comes out, then I get a smaller screen with some weird font in it and the only characters I could recognise was the word BIOS as the first few characters. Is this something to do with the bios problem? bcos, although I think I have the bios for japan, usa and europe, I do not know how to load them onto cassini. or is it that cassini can recognise where I put the bios? must it be in a folder? where have I gone wrong? Any help would be appreciated, thanks :happy:

p/s: does it matter if the BIOS I have were for the Satourne emulator? Forgive me if it's a stupid question, but I'm really new to these things

OP
E

enigma^^

i tried using both SSF and giri giri gav to run the game. SSF can run it but pretty slow and no text can be seen, so I'll be stucked with giri giri. The problem is, I still can't get it to load the game. It tells me in Japanese that disc is not suitable for the game. PLease don't tell me to look through the forums for the answer, I've done everything (I think so) - I've tried the one mentioned in the thread getting panzer dragoon to work (mounting iso into daemon and creating bin/cue file using cdrwin), I've tried running gentoc for like how many times using different regions (I have bios for US, Euro and Japan - but those were obtained when I was trying out Satourne - would it matter?), I've tried editing the base.ini file as recommended by some, and the list goes on.

I'm wondering, what files must there be in the giri giri folder for it to work? Maybe I'm missing some files. Or where should I put the bios? Am I supposed to use gentoc and click the saturn icon or use the gloader to load the game? Man, am I going bonkers over this emu... Please help :cry:

Zhofe

First off, Cassini is the best Saturn emulator I found. Second, make sure the bios file is named EURO.BIN (it is okay to just rename it, it should work) Third, I thini it only works with an iso file if the audio is in WAV format. It's also better to use a BIN/CUE format and mount it to Daemon tools (or some other program that makes a virtual drive) and finally, I've found that Shining The Holy Ark has problems the sound when played in cassini, but because Cassini is the best saturn emulator I've found I suppose that atleast I will have to deal with it.

OP
E

enigma^^

Hey Zhofe, the good news is, after i renamed my bios file to euro.bin, cassini loads and brings me to... the same track player screen! the shining holy ark I have is the US version, how do i rename the US bios?

And what do you mean the iso has to have a wav format for it to work? the thing is, I've tried to generate a cue sheet from the raw iso with the sega cue maker before and when I tried to load the cue sheet onto Daemon, it gave me an error about something like 'Line 5 - Sampling rate must be 44100'. I saw somewhere in this forum that it was supposedly bcos the iso was probably not fully ripped (shining holy ark only had 1 wav file). That is why now what I do is load the iso onto Daemon, then create a cue/bin file into the cassini folder and then reload the cue/bin file onto Daemon again and then run cue/bin file from the Cassini menu. Is that the right thing to do?

Trotterwatch

Some clarification:

Cassini IS GiriGiri hack - that reprobate Barnito and his wanky cohorts just stole it, gave it a name change and added there names into the code using a reshacker.