What's new

Emulators & Roms

pp79wc

pp79wc
Emulators

I tried project64 about 6 months ago, but had major problems with controllers. It wouldn't even recognize the keyboard. I'm a rookie to emulators and now I discover MarioKart and HydroThunder are available (my 2 Favorites). Which emulator is the most compatible with XP Pro and with various controllers? Can anybody help?

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Rom requests (games) are not allowed - please edit your post accordingly otherwise it's a ban.

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Well I just thought I'd try being a little more lenient, though if this post doesn't get edited within the next few minutes, then my lenient streak will be at an end.

Oh and I have on many occassions PMed people to change posts before banning them - if they edit, then I have no probs with them (and many do).

Trotterwatch

I can see the post is being edited now, so I'll answer the rest of it now ;)

Input is based on the Input plugin, both PJ64 and 1964 are identical in that regard - the plugins are interchangable. I suggest you read the manual that comes with the emulator of your choice, and look under the sections dealing with plugins. That should help the first issue.

All notable N64 emulators work on XP without a hitch, notable emulators are PJ64, 1964, Mupen and Nemu. Personally I use 1964/PJ64, along with one of the many graphics plugins out there (available in the downloads section).

As for the games, I can only suggest using a search engine - as we don't support the obtaining of roms on this board (due to legality).