What's new

Zelda TOOT graphics issues

phantasmah

Hi. This is my first post on this board.

When playing Zelda: The Ocarina of Time on PJ64 1.4, I noticed some glitches in the graphics. Many of the polygons had little or no textures on them, so I checkmarked the "change blending mode if invalid for video card" option in the configure graphic window, and it made things a lot better, but not everything is perfect. I noticed that Link's (and a few other characters') eyes are distorted (see pic below), and not every polygon is fully textured. What can i do to fix this?

my specs are:
Pentium III 1 Gig
256 RAM
3dfx Voodoo 5 graphics card

Allnatural

According to the PJ64 readme (you did read it right?:plain2: ), the Voodoo cards are not recommended for the emulator. You're best bet would be to invest in new video hardware.

Pheo

that's pretty interesting, when i had a voodoo 3
what occured mostly was white polygons and certain slowdowns or just the wrong bitmap but never an absense of certain features.

i just bought my video card for about $100, w\ 30 rebate, at best buy and zelda 1 and 2 play great with full frames and everything.

Slougi

Well for Voodoo users UltraHLE is still the emu to use for games that it supports, so try that. I think you will need some fixes though, as 3dfx changed some stuff in it's divers after the ultrahle release. Check out The Companies web site here

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
According to the PJ64 readme (you did read it right? ), the Voodoo cards are not recommended for the emulator. You're best bet would be to invest in new video hardware.

Well for Voodoo users UltraHLE is still the emu to use for games that it supports, so try that. I think you will need some fixes though, as 3dfx changed some stuff in it's divers after the ultrahle release. Check out The Companies web site here

one word... Bullshit

zelda oot should be perfecty playable w/ a voodoo 5 5500 64MB (such as i have)

looks absolutely flawless.

i didn't test 1.4 much but 1.2 & 1.3 played it great.

my suggestions:

#1. try to use goodn64 to verify it is a good rom you can get it from smiff's site.
#2. make sure you are using the default settings (there is a folder named "uninstall" in the pj64 dir)
#3.I had this exact problem when i used some tweaked drivers and beta drivers, so try to use the latest OFFICIAL drivers.
#4.make sure you have DirectX 8.1.
#5.try to use the jaboD3D6 plugin ? or pj64 v1.2 or 1.3 ? (no reason it should work though)

there are more stuff you could try but try these 1st.