What's new

Linking pokemon games. Read this before crying for help :)

EmuLu

Hi guys, I finally did it! I had severe problems with
Pokemon Games because the game freezes sometimes and the linking
cable did not work.

First of all. You can use the real savegame from other emulators
if you get slowdown trouble. Just rename them to "srm" and voilá!

Then, to use the link cable just get the ts2 bios and one very important
thing "USE THE SOUND!", yeap, I turned of the sound to get mor FPS but
the game freezes after the girl says "waiting for link up", but with
the sound on it works PERFECT! My Kadabra evolved into Alakazam :)!
Great, now we can all play the Pokemon games.

THANKS TO Lino Maglione FOR THE GREAT WORK!

Enjoy!

My Specs:

Pentium celeron 1.7GHZ
Ati Radeon 9600PRo 256RAM DDR
128RAM DDR
lots of HD

MAD_BOY

weird guy
hmm, i always have at 1 emu the sound off (else it sounds very messed up =/) and it also works perfect

Onlooker

Question on loading save games from VisualBoy to Rascalboy

Hi EmuLu,

I am a newbie in this forum and as well with Rascalboy. You mentioned about srm. Not sure how this can help me.

I had been playing pokemon sapphire on VisualBoy Advance for quite a while now while waitng for a decent emu that allows mutiplayer mode.
Just wonder how I can load my saved game from VisualBoy (either battery file or state file - sgm) into Rascalboy.

Or does anyone as an idea how can this be done?

My specs.
HP NC4000
Intel Pentium-M 1.4Mhz
480 Mb of RAM
yeah.. lots of HD space

OP
E

EmuLu

Read the topic I wrote for newbies like us :) If you do not understand somehting please ask, my english sometimes is not that good :)
But I tell you, I only use Rascalboy for trading, they emu is very unstable compare to Visualboy :( I just hope they do a linking stuff for VBA :)!

Onlooker

Hi EmuLu,

Thanks for the response, I got it sorted out after doing trail and error loading and am able to trade without problems.

Basically, I initially had the problem loading the battery file from VisualBoy. I later discovered that I have disabled the usage of BIOS sometime back. Attempting to use the Battery file saved (in Visualboy without the BIOS enabled) got me into a couple problems because Rascalboy either says that the save file had been deleted or loaded the save game that I used months back.

I proceeded to enable the BIOS in visualboy and resave from in-game. I then later copy this .sav file into Rascalboy directory and rename it .srm (with a name that is non blank...something like x.srm :p )

When I later open my Rascalboy... voila... all works like a charm.

Though all these Trail and error took a lot of time. It sure pays off.. :happy:

burnout

when you move save data from Visualboy to Rascalboy dose the BIOS of both emulator have to be the same type? I have the TS2.BIOS in the rascalboy & the real Gameboy BIOS in the Visualboy should I have both with the same BIOS & which one.

burnout

all I'm asking is :yawn: "do both emulator have to be using the same BIOS for the trade over of save data to work?"

OP
E

EmuLu

Well, I do not have any idea about thta. I just use TS2 in both emus and it is the same file, so nop, no idea. And yep, is try and error, thats the only eay you can learn is not?

burnout

what virsion of rascalboy are you using?
every time I try to play a game after I change the save files, the rascalboy just crashs.

OP
E

EmuLu

I am using 1.282 and plugin 1.000. Perhaps you have a bad bios. See, I can trade up to 2 pokemon each time I link, maybe this is a low Ram memory because I only have 128 RAM but it really works! Is so great and also I could trade withing Sapphire and Ruby :) I just hope it works with the other games. Really, I do not know why it works on some PC´s and not in the others, sorry, I am not a programmer :( I hope someone alse can help you out :) Why dont you make a post and tell the others you exact specs and problem?

Neox38

What up guys. Umm I was playing Pokemon Silver for a while and Pokemon Ruby. But now I am going to restart on Pokemon Leaf. So I was wondering which emulator I should download to run multiplayer. Also to play multiplayer do you need just there IP and thats all? And does the ENGLISH version of Pokemon Leaf work with multiplayer?

Last edited:

smcd

Neox38 said:
What up guys. Umm I was playing Pokemon Silver for a while and Pokemon Ruby. But now I am going to restart on Pokemon Leaf. So I was wondering which emulator I should download to run multiplayer. Also to play multiplayer do you need just there IP and thats all? And does the ENGLISH version of Pokemon Leaf work with multiplayer?

GBA Multiplayer doesn't work over the internet. Currently (and for some time to come I will bet) it is local-machine only.

Neox38

Dude I used to have this emulator that you just type in the IP Address and whabam son i guess you could play online