What's new

What is GBA Release List?

dr.dino

Joel Meine, Dr. Dino
I've noitced how GBA roms apparently seem to have an official rom list where every rom of varying regions has a specific number. But I'm wondering, how exactly was this official labeling system for GBA roms devised and concieved? Do all video game roms have an official release list with number labels for exact identificaton? I'm curious to find out.

Clements

Personally, I think it's a silly and pointless system. The way websites refer to the games as just numbers is annoying since you have to look them up, and multiple dumps occupy a single number so it's very confusing. I have no idea who thought it up. Personally, I much prefer Cowering's GoodGBA since you can tell if a dump has been hacked or not.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Clements said:
Personally, I think it's a silly and pointless system. The way websites refer to the games as just numbers is annoying since you have to look them up, and multiple dumps occupy a single number so it's very confusing. I have no idea who thought it up. Personally, I much prefer Cowering's GoodGBA since you can tell if a dump has been hacked or not.
Yeah, but GoodGBA needs a long time to get a update (because of the many roms, which are coming out each day) but it's more better than these number thing!
I WANT A NEW GOODGBA... :p