What's new

Metroid Fusion Probs

FighterFan

Fighting Game Fanatic
Whenever I load Metroid Fusion on VisualBoy Advance it gives me a warning concerning the BIOS (see pic). I hear no sound excpet the kind of sound you hear on a TV when it's not tuned to a channel. Please Help.

Clements

Your bios is probably corrupt, or your rom, since it has always run fine for me in any VBA version.

Check the following:
-The very first thing to do is to get the latest VBA version which is 1.7.2.
-Use GoodGBA to verify if you have a good dump, ie. one that has the [!] symbol after it when renamed.
-Compress your BIOS with WinRAR, then open the file with WinRAR, making note of the CRC. If the CRC is 81977335, then the BIOS is good, any other CRC and it's bad.

revl8er

That Damn Good
You might wanna try a different rom because like clements said it's probably a bad rom because I finished the game on vba twice with no problems.

OP
F

FighterFan

Fighting Game Fanatic
I tried the newest version of VBA and I encountered no errors at all. The sound is also working. I usually follow a rule when it comes to emulators, "If it's not broke don't fix it." In this case it was broken, but it's fixed now.

smcd

I usually archive as many versions of an emulator as possible because authors make/break things from time to time... it happens & when it does I'm ready for it. (Not saying that they're bad coders, look at how many commercial places break things all the time with updates *coughmicrosoftcough*) :)