What's new

how to save?

DuckySway

how do you save in chankast, because i cant figure out how.. i hate starting sonic over everytime... please and thank you

achiles

DuckySway said:
how do you save in chankast, because i cant figure out how.. i hate starting sonic over everytime... please and thank you

format the card. on the bios, if you had a dreamcast you would know this.

OP
D

DuckySway

so wait, i need an actual dreamcast memory card, cause i dont have one, does that mean i cont save

protoman 2

DuckySway said:
so wait, i need an actual dreamcast memory card, cause i dont have one, does that mean i cont save
no if if u had 1 u'd know what to do. u need to fomrat it it took me about 5 mins to learn what to do.

OP
D

DuckySway

lol, well im not u bud, sorry. why would you expect me to know what to do right away, ive had chankast for 2 days. oo 5 minutes, what is it a race? i dont care about your records for figuring stuff out, i just asked a question, and you didnt exactly help any. ive been diddling with the VMS browser for a while and i still cant figure it out, could someone give me instructions or a link to some.

protoman 2

first go to plaug ins configure ahve i9n any port controller and under vms then have no cd mounted load up chankast go to the vms then u should see a vms with O with an X in it click on it then delete all the rest is simple just choose a pic and color and ur done. i played sonic and it froze so then i accindentily found out how to save

Last edited:
OP
D

DuckySway

alright protoman thank you very much but i still am not getting it to work, it says 0 blocks.

OP
D

DuckySway

yeah,

on the side it says "VMS files" at the top, then there are 3 pictures of memory cards down the left hand side, one is called vms.bin the 2nd is VMSA2.BIN and the 3rd is VMSB1.bin, but none of them have any blocks?

OP
D

DuckySway

i sense a sassy ass ;) aha, alright well if your not using the vms browser then you've lost me completely

protoman 2

DuckySway said:
i sense a sassy ass ;) aha, alright well if your not using the vms browser then you've lost me completely
same here u said u wanted to save in sonic. also try this go back to the file in chankast and it should tell u how blocks u got. tell me if it works or not
. can u save?

Last edited:
OP
D

DuckySway

but..u havn't really told me what to do, i didnt understand what you wrote before :(... can you list in order everything i need to do, from step 1, cause i dont even know if i've formated it or what not, can u just tell me everything i need to do, i'd REALLY appritiate it alot thank you.

protoman 2

Step 1: go to plug-ins in any of the ports usse controller then vms under it. Step 2: load up chankast without a CD image mounted then go to file and u
ll see an O with an X in th e LCD area of the vms Step 3: press ur A button on the vms Step 4: select delete all and then pick a picture and color. if u don't underdtand that . . . .

defektm

i had the same problem as you duckySway and i did as protoman told you on this thread and now it works.Its really simple. If you got chankast working you will be able to do this.All you need to do is to go to bios menu (you know how to do this?just unmount image from your virtual drive menager- you uploaded the image so you will be able to unmount it:,- and run chankast and choose "start") in bios menu there will be another menu called files,go into it.There you will see two memory cards.Click on the memory card with A button,then choose "delete all" and finish the process.Now it will work.
by the way thanks protoman