What's new

Conker's Total War

Katfish

Is there someone who can point me in the direction on how the programming is done for these games? I'd like to take a crack at improving one of these emulators, and I'll do it by addressing two primary issues:

1) The actual cartridge itself will connect to the PC - not some ROM that might contain corrupt data, or have system errors.

2) Any game on this system will run smoothly - regardless of what it is or how many players are plugged in. C'mon, people - you gonna stand there and tell me that any game in Conker is gonna bog down in a system containing an Athlon 1900 and a GeForce video card? Just because Nintendo's system is underpowered doesn't mean it has to be that way on the PC - make it better.

One gamer (Dieourumov) does make a valid point in that one practically needs a Cray supercomputer (or a system like Clements) to adequately run most N64 games. I know something is amiss when Donkey Kong 64 runs best on 1964 - not PJ64, the preferred emulator, and it still has issues.

I love playing Total War in Conker, but I defy anyone to tell me that they've been able to use the rocket launcher, or get into some heavy battles (with more than one player), and not have the game either slow down, or stutter.

Trotterwatch

It ain't gonna happen - it's clear you haven't a clue what you are talking about ;)

What makes you believe (and with all due respect) that you could suddenly get this game running better, than some of the finest emulation programmers?

This is a dead duck project, sorry.

OP
K

Katfish

Conker Total War

First of all, it's up to me as to whether or not this can be accomplished.

Secondly, if I did know what I was talking about, then I certainly wouldn't have bothered to register here and subject myself to your verbal abuse in the quest for information about this very subject in the first place.

Thirdly, in spite of the great accomplishments of these "fine programmers", they still came up short. Otherwise, there wouldn't be graphic errors in Conker, and the rocket launcher could be used. So far, no one has the answer - other than to mislead or put down the folks who took the time to write to this forum.

Finally, I didn't come here for ROMs - so save your threats.

Trotterwatch

Erm, the roms thing is my signature ;) Wow... some people are too dumb for words.

Anyways my original opinion still stands, nay has been reinforced tenfold.

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
It's obvious that you really don't know what are you talking about...
Katfish said:
1) The actual cartridge itself will connect to the PC - not some ROM that might contain corrupt data, or have system errors.
You cannot connect the cartridge directly to the PC. The only way is to use a backup device to copy its data to the PC (make it a "ROM").
Katfish said:
2) Any game on this system will run smoothly - regardless of what it is or how many players are plugged in. C'mon, people - you gonna stand there and tell me that any game in Conker is gonna bog down in a system containing an Athlon 1900 and a GeForce video card? Just because Nintendo's system is underpowered doesn't mean it has to be that way on the PC - make it better.
The games in Conker may be slow due to severe frame buffer usage (that's why all the games that depend on frame buffer effects may be slow too) and some others may be slow because of the way they use the N64 CPU (it's hard to make them run faster).
Katfish said:
Thirdly, in spite of the great accomplishments of these "fine programmers", they still came up short. Otherwise, there wouldn't be graphic errors in Conker, and the rocket launcher could be used. So far, no one has the answer - other than to mislead or put down the folks who took the time to write to this forum.
If you want to fix these errors you may consider making your own GFX plugin (or better, your own N64 emulator), then you'll see that it's harder than you think. ;)
Katfish said:
As Trotterwatch already said it's not a threat, it's his signature.

Last edited:

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
Katfish said:
First of all, it's up to me as to whether or not this can be accomplished.

Secondly, if I did know what I was talking about, then I certainly wouldn't have bothered to register here and subject myself to your verbal abuse in the quest for information about this very subject in the first place.

With 2 posts you are in no position to complain son

OP
K

Katfish

Conker Total War

Thanks, PsyMan - at least you gave me some useful info instead of put-downs from these holier-than-thou experts.

Trotterwatch

Lol, you came across the same way in your 1st and 2nd posts ;) wow

I think you'll find my advice was useful (in hindsight) when you aren't feeling quite so bad about looking so foolish.

OP
K

Katfish

Conker Total War

All I came here for was some information about N64 programmimg. I've played it long enough to be aware of it's shortcomings (both in the emulator as well as the N64 system itself). Instead, not only are there some people in this forum who are unwilling to help, but like to either look down their noses at me, call me names, or have a good laugh at my expense. I'm aware of these people (and I use this term loosely, since civility is not in their vocabulary) in certain chatrooms - where it's some kind of sport to ridicule those who aren't as knowledgable or good as they are. Information age? Yeah, right.

I may not know as much about this as the rest of you, but at least I asked - and if the shoe was on the other foot, I sure wouldn't treat those that come to me for help so rudely.

Last edited:

mezkal

Man on a mission
....and Katfish is the noob. Oh I'm sorry Katfish umm XBOX ummm iZeroi ummm Timewaster....

revl8er

That Damn Good
Umm, who asked for your opinion jacolover, they were just pointing out the obvious. For katfish to come here and say the programmers were coming up short with their work is just plain stupid. If he knew what he was talking about then he should make his own emulator or at least a plugin. And for the record the problems are not with the emulator but it's within the plugins and will most likely be fixed in the future.

mezkal

Man on a mission
Jacolover said:
Honestly though, Katfish has a point. You're being dickheads.

Hmmm...another person supporting another idiot who also has *strangely* less than 10 posts??? I smell a bunny wabbit.....