What's new

Versions - Faster?

Lilwolf

Ok, after looking though the soul caliber thread... and seeing different people talk about x/45 and x/60 ect.... I started thinking

The UK versions run at 30fps and us goes 50fps (or something like that) right... (ie, they ARE different).

If that was the case... Shoulding the one with the lower FPS run faster on your system... or more... run at full speed on a slower system?

Or is the slowdowns usually based on a percentage on non-graphic parts? (ie, on each system, your system can handle only 50% of the cpu cores.. So on one system you will see 15/30 and on another you would see 30/60.)

Thanks!

mezkal

Man on a mission
Actually Lil they aren't different at all. The US/JAP release and the UK/EURO are the same game in toto. The DC's BIOS ROM defines how the game is localised. ie if you have European DC (like I do - Australian) then the game will ask you if you would prefer 50hz (standard PAL) or 60Hz (MultiSystem, ie USTV compatible PAL). Either way the DC is forcing the game to run in PAL - the european TV transmission standard. If I insert the EXACT same game into a US DC it will default to 60hz (NTSC).

Therefore your theory, while sound in its approach is wrong.

Sorry bro :(

OP
L

Lilwolf

So, is there any way to force chanka to act like its PAL and try and set our monitors to 50hz? Wouldn't the dreamcast only render 50fps?

Or are you saying that the DC always produces the same frames... but it only displays what it can?

(I guess I didn't get the reason it didn't work... )

mezkal said:
Actually Lil they aren't different at all. The US/JAP release and the UK/EURO are the same game in toto. The DC's BIOS ROM defines how the game is localised. ie if you have European DC (like I do - Australian) then the game will ask you if you would prefer 50hz (standard PAL) or 60Hz (MultiSystem, ie USTV compatible PAL). Either way the DC is forcing the game to run in PAL - the european TV transmission standard. If I insert the EXACT same game into a US DC it will default to 60hz (NTSC).

Therefore your theory, while sound in its approach is wrong.

Sorry bro :(