What's new

i/o error using chankast 0.25 and deamon tool v3.29

skarbloodkid

i am getting i/o error when i start emulation...

i have done all the bios configuration with chankast...
i have ripped the iso using nero and then selfboot...
am i doing something with the iso and i get i/o error?
thanks

morpheusx

skarbloodkid said:
i am getting i/o error when i start emulation...

i have done all the bios configuration with chankast...
i have ripped the iso using nero and then selfboot...
am i doing something with the iso and i get i/o error?
thanks

Go to the plug-in tab on chankast and change the cdrom aspi setting from xxx to the other cdrom plugin,that will stop your i/o control errors

OP
S

skarbloodkid

i still get the same message:(
using aspi plugin makes a windows xp problem but with xxx i get the i/o error

morpheusx

skarbloodkid said:
i still get the same message:(
using aspi plugin makes a windows xp problem but with xxx i get the i/o error

Maybe you should try another format,try mouting the original image or use the original cd backup,use cdrom to image in discjuggler,DJ is the king of burning Dreamcast games,i burn every single one of my 160+ Dc backups with discjuggler,when your done,mout the cdi image with deamon tools,be sure you have version 3.29 of deamon tools.

I had that i/o error over a week ago,after i changed the cdrom plug-in from xxx to that other one,it never gave me that error again. :p

morpheusx

skarbloodkid said:
i made it work but my nvidia gforce 5600 while i play the graphics crashes(tested sa2 and shenmue 2)

I'm curious,how did you get it to stop the i/o control errors?,just want to compare notes and get other people's solutions so i can forward them on to other people that are having the same problem,it's a good practice to post specifics when over coming a problem when you post,you could be helping a lot of people,plus it cuts down on unecessary posting of threads of the same nature :p

look at me,i sound like a frigg'n moderator,hmm..maybe not a bad idea,::looks@moderator::: ;)

Last edited: