What's new

Network Help

Nezero

Hello, I need help with Super Smash Brothers. i have gotten it working and all with two computers which run fine except one you get into the character selection menu it seems to go out of sync and the computer character could be Fox on Comp A and Samus on Comp B. then ingame everything is different except for the movement of the two Human players which is the same but because the game is like seperate one of the players end up falling off etc because they are in a different spot or even a different level.
I think the main problem is the Synchronation, how do i fix it up
Comp Specs

Comp A (Server)
Win Xp
2000+Xp
512 DDR RAM
128mb Geforce 4 Ti4200
Nemu .8 w/ kaillera client .84

Comp B
Win Xp
1600+ Xp
256 DDR Ram
64mb Geforce2 Mmx
same emulator etc

the kaillera server is .9 if that matters

my temporary solution is looking on to my brothers screen and muting my computer so the sound doesn't distract me

Lemmy

Nezero said:
Hello, I need help with Super Smash Brothers. i have gotten it working and all with two computers which run fine except one you get into the character selection menu it seems to go out of sync and the computer character could be Fox on Comp A and Samus on Comp B. then ingame everything is different except for the movement of the two Human players which is the same but because the game is like seperate one of the players end up falling off etc because they are in a different spot or even a different level.
I think the main problem is the Synchronation, how do i fix it up
Comp Specs

Comp A (Server)
Win Xp
2000+Xp
512 DDR RAM
128mb Geforce 4 Ti4200
Nemu .8 w/ kaillera client .84

Comp B
Win Xp
1600+ Xp
256 DDR Ram
64mb Geforce2 Mmx
same emulator etc

the kaillera server is .9 if that matters

my temporary solution is looking on to my brothers screen and muting my computer so the sound doesn't distract me

the problem is that the emus got outof sync. There are some things to check BEFORE starting the game:
- on different pcs there could be different save files (thats those .sav, .mpk, .eep files). make sure those are indentical (for example by overwriting or by deleteing)
- make sure you use the same audio settings (even same prebuffer size)
- its suggested to use the same video plugin (some plugins like jabos do stuff in memory which might cause it to get out sync....)
- use same settings in video plugins
- use same settings in the settings dialog (especially same eeprom size)
- finally: make sure you are using exactly the same rom

hope that helps, good luck

Lemmy