What's new

Repeatable OoT crash

Khyron

Hi!

Got PJ 64 v 1.4 a couple of days ago, and an Zelda: OoT ROM from [mumble mumble] - it's a US version.

Played clean through to Kakariko, and the I got a bit bored and tried a cheat or two. (I noticed I had missed a few things, and thought that since I was goingt o have to do it over, wth...)

Started over last night. Got as far as level B1 of "Inside the Deku Tree", top left room on the map, in the tunnel. Near the end of the tunnel, the game invariably crashes, with the exact same error message, no matter what I do (and I've played this over from scratch several times).

What I've tried so far:

Playing from last saved position (Rom backup)
Playing from last save state (F5/F7)
Playing it all over
Unzipping the ROM again, and playing it over
Reinstalling the game
Downloading a ROM from a second source

I haven't used any cheat whatsoever since the first try.

The error message I get is the following:

---

Unhandled R4300i OpCode at: 801E8000
Unknown 7C 7C 0B F4

Emulation stopped!

---

It didn't do this the _first_ time I tried that - why is it doing it now? Can anyone help out?

(Oops: Forgot to add that I'm using XP Pro in the sig...)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Hmm that's not good. If you FTP upload a state very near the point to pj-ts.dynip.com l/p guest/guest I'll take a look.

sya64

Rom Finder #-Z
i know

Your Zelda64 is same with me and the error message.

Try change setting on Graphics Plugin Configurator it work with me.(thrust me);)

Smiff

Emutalk Member
OK, this is the 1st time ive seen Change Memory and Cache fail in Zelda (no doubt there will be others..) strange thing is many people have passed this point in game without problem, must be an unusual combination of events before it.. anyway, even Check Memory and Cache works here, so just use that (ROM Settings, reboot ROM to take effect) to get passed this and change back (Check Memory and Cache is less reliable overall, Protect Memory is fine IF you have a very fast PC).

OP
K

Khyron

Thanks Smiff!

This was really really wierd...it works like a charm right now - I just bested King Dodongo. Now it's time to go over the whole area with a fine tooth bo^h^h comb looking for those blasted Gold Skulltulas...

I've left it at the setting you said - I've noticed no drop in performance, and it may be that I've got some form of memory problem. This would cause an error like that, right?

Thanks for the help!

SP