What's new

Ogre Battle 64... Yet Again

SammyGamer

I've getting a lot of issues trying to play Ogre Battle 64 with 1964 0.8.5. With Glide 64, the characters are missing so it's not really playable. With any of Rice's plugins I get weird graphical errors like the attached pictures. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Please help, Ogre Battle 64 looks like the greatest game on N64!

Last edited:

zaba_3

can you please delete the other thread and try use latest 1964 or try project64 with latest rice plugin

Last edited:
OP
S

SammyGamer

I have. I've read every single post about this game, tried every single one of rice's plugins and tried Pj64 and 1964 and I always get those weird graphics... I don't get it. My video card sucks (Prosavage 3 DDR 32 Mb) but I've never had issues emulating most games...

HOSJ

^^^^^^^

Ive got the same prob. Have read EVERY SINGLE POST on this site about ogrebattle, but it still wont work for me.

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
SammyGamer said:
With Glide 64, the characters are missing so it's not really playable.
It's not true. The characters are missing only when you use eVoodoo. With real voodoos or with Hacktarux glide wrapper everything is ok.

HOSJ

Please, gonetz! I soooooo wanna play this properly! I actually got to like level 11 before I figured out something was up. I thought that black backgrounds were normal.. :blush:

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
HOSJ said:
Please, gonetz! I soooooo wanna play this properly! I actually got to like level 11 before I figured out something was up. I thought that black backgrounds were normal.. :blush:
Please what? If you have good video (with at least 3 tmu), grab latest version of Glide64, blend it with ver 0.8.5 of 1964, add Hacktarux glide wrapper and enjoy

HOSJ

What is Hacktarux? or a glide wrapper?

I've tried every combination of emu+rices plugins and i'm just a little frustrated.. could you tell me where to get glide64 and Hacktarux and how to use it...please? :p

Warlyik

I got mine to work nearly flawlessly using PJ64 1.5 and Rice 5.6.0, however I couldn't get the same thing to occur using the same settings on 0.8.5 of 1964. What's your video card model? That might help.. Because the only reason I seem to be able to play it with backgrounds is because I use the option to configure the Combiner Type in Rice's set to Nvidia TNT/TNT2/Geforce cards. I have a GeForce4 MX440, which certainly is NOT that great :\

rcgamer

the old guy
HOSJ said:
What is Hacktarux? or a glide wrapper?

I've tried every combination of emu+rices plugins and i'm just a little frustrated.. could you tell me where to get glide64 and Hacktarux and how to use it...please? :p

you can get then here http://www.emuxhaven.net/~glide64/downloads.htm

they are now packaged together. after extracting them to your plugins folder go to the folder named wrapper and copy paste the glide3x.dll to your c\windows\system 32 folder.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Actually... I found it better with rice's plugin. Might be your gfx card, though.
For me, hack's wrapper just kept eating up all memory until it crashed...
But the thing was that there were random slowdowns in the game, which wasn't there with rice's plugin.

Oh but I didn't test glide64 sp2 :p

HOSJ

Ive got a GeForceFX5200 not sure if that is good for n64

EDIT: oh yeah, and i'm running win2K.

Last edited: