What's new

Soul Calibur - how fast with Your hardware

lukasfr

I'm wondering how fast runs Soul Calibur with Chankast emu on Your hardware, 'cause in compatibility list it says that it runs full speed and on my P4 2.6GHz with Sapphire Radeon 9200 128MB it runs about 30-35 in the game. So I think it should be a little faster to run full speed.
please give me Your answers, only a few it'll be good too ;o)

Pimp

Banned
lukasfr said:
I'm wondering how fast runs Soul Calibur with Chankast emu on Your hardware, 'cause in compatibility list it says that it runs full speed and on my P4 2.6GHz with Sapphire Radeon 9200 128MB it runs about 30-35 in the game. So I think it should be a little faster to run full speed.
please give me Your answers, only a few it'll be good too ;o)

55 fps

p4 3100mhz
800 fsb HT
512ddr 3200
ATI 9800 Pro
128ddr

too fast to handle

i recon that anything above 40fps should be considered full speed.

Last edited:

FOXHOUND

the only way to get over 50 in Soul Calibur is to play with the SH4 CPU ...over or underclock it.
I have it overclocked to 114 in Soul calibur and the game stays at 53-60 FPS :)

2,6 Barton 521 FX5900 XT

see ya

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
Strange said:
60-65fps with SH4 at 115...
Specs in profile...

Average 25 fps for me.

The odd thing is that even though I have read FAQ's and it states results of overclocking/underclocking SH4 will vary dependant on system. There is absolutely NO change whatsoever in frame rate no matter how overclocked/underclocked I make it.

Anybody have any ideas why ?

BTW, using image created and mounted with Alcohol120%.

Still, that's a full 25 fps faster than I was playing it a couple of months ago so no big deal ;)

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Average about 34fps ingame, menus around 66.. gets as low as 27 sometimes. Still very very playable. I always keep the SH-4 at 100%.. should try OCing/UCing it sometime.

Last edited:

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
I get about 32/60 FPS ingame (with SH4 cpu at 115%) I have to OC the cpu, because if i UC it, it goes to 29/30 FPS but it seems like its going half speed. Its still playable, and im happy ^_^

elbe

I've got 35-40 fps wht SH4@114.
Full speed mean 60/60fps and 40 or even 50 isn't full speed (still playable but a bit slow) Look @ clock in game... if 1s in reality is exacly the same like 1s in game, game runs in full speed.

Phreaky

Phreaky Shat
My seems to run unusually fast compared to some of yours, but only on some levels. On Chaos and the Water raft one I max out the frame-rate and its too fast to be able to play properly, but on some levels its as slow as 40-45fps :/

My specs arent even that good either (XP 3200+, 512mb PC3200, Audigy and a Ti4600). I dont use any software SH4 overclocking? ;x

It could be because I have a less "spread" image of the game that was released by a different group, "dCiSO", nearly a year after the game came out. Although I doubt it.

I can post a screenie if needed.

~P

EDIT: Attached an example at 70fps, no overclock, with Alphatest + normal ZWrite enabled. Apologies for the size, didnt want to lose the quality, took my long enough to manouver Inferno around so you could actually read the counter at the bottom :p

Last edited:

Heinster

well with tests like aquamark 44.000 and 3dmark 5500 the system of mine seems to do just what it's supposed too... But I think the recent Chankast version like AMD better too... But the difference between mine and that P3 running at 1800 is absurdly low (good for him though ;))

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Here's a shot of mine.. although, since I downgraded to the 45.23 dets, Chankast overall runs about ~3-6fps slower. Ack.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Here's a shot at 115 SH-4 clock and 56.72 dets. I got around 26fps in this level with the 45.23/115 SH-4 clock. Sweet. :p

Heinster.. it's common knowledge that the P3 really shines when it comes to SSE performance, and (a Tualatin P3) murders a P4 clock per clock. :p Why do you think Centrino rocks so much? It's essentially a Tualatin (it's based on the P6 architecture, agtl+ bus) with a 400MHz FSB and 1MB L2 Cache. Those long pipelines really hurt the P4..

Strange

Heh - that is mine screens =)
64fps normally on complex stage and 67fps in space stage :whistling And like Phreaky have sometimes about 70 without o/c...
2 cooliscool
Heh, BTW wanna hear funny thing? - i tryed SoulCalibur on the Duron1200Mhz - it showing the same fps(30-35) as your PIII1800Mhz - really interesting...

Last edited:
OP
L

lukasfr

Strange said:
Heh - that is mine screens =)
64fps normally on complex stage and 67fps in space stage :whistling And like Phreaky have sometimes about 70 without o/c...
2 cooliscool
Heh, BTW wanna hear funny thing? - i tryed SoulCalibur on the Duron1200Mhz - it showing the same fps(30-35) as your PIII1800Mhz - really interesting...
damn, maybe it's because of Your cyrylic version :)
well, i can read russian, so it's not a problem, but how to make it to russian ?
I'll do everything to make this game perfectly runs.

Strange

Nope - its not because of Rus version - its because of my 3400+ Athlon ;)
And you can`t convert it to russian - its ours pirates makes those horrible russian versions - i really hate it...