What's new

Controller Config bug?

Ilitirit

i'm using the psxpad driver. sometimes when i define the controls it doesn't register on the first press and then i have to do it twice. then when i go into the game, eg. Ikaruga, the directional controls seems to do a 'double press'. ie. i can only select every second item on the menu - it skips all items in the middle. the controls work fine when i'm in the game though. if i want to select the other menu items, i first have to change the controls to use the keyboard.

anyone have any ideas?

CrazyYatta

Hmmm. thats strange. Well, i use an EMS USB 2, so it cant be too different. Might be a dumb question, but could it be that its a a little sensitive to the touch? I've sometimes pressed a little hard on mine and it jumps down. Have you tried other games? if so, what's the out come of those? And as a last resort, u think u could use the EMS USB 2 drivers for ur pad? I'm not sure, just throwing out ideas and suggestions.

OP
I

Ilitirit

It works fine in all my other games. I'll have to download a demo with a menu or something to test in chankast cos i don't have any other DC games to test with

CrazyYatta

You say that the controller works fine with all ur other games on Chankast? Have you check the Compatibility thread for Ikaruga? it might have some kinda issue right now.

Heinster

I use NTPAD and with me some problems disapear when I hit the analog button... But often in games the analog function automaticly quits... I only have this problem with chankast though...