ShadowXOR

I am running a:

2.8 Ghz Pentium 4 HT
Radeon 9800 Pro 128 MB
2 80 gig hard drives
1 gig DDR ram running in dual channel
Windows XP Pro SP 1 fully updated
newest version of project 64 (1.5 SP 1)

I have it running at 1024x768 in 32 bit color with max anisotropic filtering and no problems, but it wont let me enable antialiasing even though I know it can handle it (i run far cry in 1024x768 with max graphics max AA and AF) any ideas what could be wrong? I havent changed around any of the advanced settings as i am a new user please help...

dukenukem

lord freiza
well jabos gfx plugin has an option for fsaa,are you using his gfx plugin?Also if fsaa is enabled throught the card any othe gfx plugin will use fsaa.

OP
S

ShadowXOR

Hmmm..

dukenukem said:
well jabos gfx plugin has an option for fsaa,are you using his gfx plugin?Also if fsaa is enabled throught the card any othe gfx plugin will use fsaa.

I'm using the default plugin which I believe is Jabos. I have my video card set to "Application Preference" AA and AF, but it only displays the option for AF in the graphics options on PJ64. The AA option is grayed out. My AF is at 16x, and even playing games like far cry like i said i get max AA and AF. Any ideas how to get it to work correctly without forcing anti aliasing? (most games have optimizations for there AA and AF so it is better to let them handle AA and AF themselves without forcing it.)

OP
S

ShadowXOR

Hmmm...

Trotterwatch said:
I've had this happen before, the only solution that worked for me was to reinstall the graphics card drivers.

My whole OS and drivers are fresh, but I guess I'll give it a shot. =/

Trotterwatch

Yeah so were mine at the time - I believe I had standard ATI drivers installed (3.10 or something it was) so I just installed the Omega ones over the top. Worked a treat.

Cudda Kine

well u guys dont even need to do that...
I had that problem before, Just go in your graphic settings (for ATI) and select OFF for the FSAA. THen push apply. Then Put the FSAA to whatever you want (6x or whatever). then push ok. That should work unless it's only for me :p

riles9262

My dissident is here...
The best thing to do actually is to download radlinker (google it) so that you can set per game profile settings...best thing since sliced bread for ati cards :)