What's new

Creating a GD-ROM drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterem

I read that someone changed the firmware on a normal cd rom and made it so it can read gd-roms. my question is... i got a extra external cd-r that hooks up through the usb port. now does any one know how and if it is possible to change the firmware on it to make it read gd-rom games.

Thanks.

OP
Masterem

Masterem

I dont care it has no use to me, because i got a new pc p4 3.0 with internal dvd-r and cd-r so that just laying around.

so would anyone know how to convert it?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Well, at the moment there are 2 known modified firmwares. The one is for two Yamaha SCSI recorders (200t and 400t), and even that it is already modified it has to be slightly modified (again) in order to allow the drives to read GD-ROMS (the ones who modified it did that so people like you cannot use it). The other firmware is for the Pioneer SCSI DVD 303s and the one who modified it has not released it for the same reason. So you possibly cannot find neither use these firmwares and of course you don't have the rights to. The only thing left now, is a moderator to close this thread.
Thank you very much :)

Last edited:
OP
Masterem

Masterem

It dont hurt to ask but if you cant do anything then its all good. Thanks to all who gave me some insight and this does not include your psyman.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Masterem said:
It dont hurt to ask but if you cant do anything then its all good. Thanks to all who gave me some insight and this does not include your psyman.
Did I say something wrong? :unsure: I really didn't want to offend you, just to make clear that the firmware exists but neither you (nor me nor millions of others) can have it, at least not yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.