Not someone else.
{Maybe this should be a sticky?}

I have: 2Ghz P4, Win XP Pro SP1, 64mb Radeon 7500, 512MB DDR

Marvel vs Capcom 2 runs at about 33% normal speed
Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike runs at about 55%

Is this all I should expect?

Stezo2k

S-2K
yeah your pc seems to meet the requirements, but your video card is more than likely the bottleneck, anything over the 9000 should work well with it :)

suronosuke

your pc is fast enough to play games at a reasonable rate. chankast is still in the early stage of development, who knows maybe soon you will be able to play games even faster. remember emulators abuse your cpu so the faster cpu you have the happier you shall be.

OP
phantomflanf

phantomflanf

Not someone else.
OK, maybe I'll get a new graphics card at some point. I should be able to play Capcom vs SNK on this though, if I can find the rom. I think this should be a sticky, loads of people must want to ask this question.

suronosuke said:
remember emulators abuse your cpu so the faster cpu you have the happier you shall be.

Abuse my CPU? Maybe should I notify the police?

Nemesys82

And mine?

AMD AthlonXP 1800+
DDR PC3200 (400Mhz) 512MB (set with latency on 2T)
Sapphire Radeon 9600XT 128Mb RAM
Creative Audigy Player
Microsoft Sidewinder Gamepad 10 buttons

suronosuke

Abuse my CPU? Maybe should I notify the police?[/QUOTE]

all emulators are highly cpu depandant, sorry i cannot provide much information on that but i`m sure someone on this board can go into details if needed be.

p.s chankast and any other emulators are sexually abusing your cpu lol muhu wah ahahaa.

anyway i`m running sf3 3rd strike between 40-80fps. (chankast alpha vo.2a)
the intro runs rather too fast for the guy to sing his tunes, around 80-90fps
the character selection screen is sweet (not one single gfx errors) running at 70-72 fps, while in game playing against a cpu or human controlled opponent it runs very smooth sometimes after an extensive gameplay you will notice slight gfx errors at an avrage frame rate of 55-62.

cpu 2500+@2371mhz gfx fx5600xt

Last edited:

Jigga0o7

Overclocking Junkie
This new version of the emulator seems to rely more on the video card than the first one, which is pretty cool since we can use AA and AF now.

Here goes marvel vs. capcom 2 at 6x AA and 16x AF

chankast%202004-06-19%2011-58-14-70.jpg

Notice the fps :bouncy:

Stezo2k

S-2K
Nemesys82 said:
And mine?

AMD AthlonXP 1800+
DDR PC3200 (400Mhz) 512MB (set with latency on 2T)
Sapphire Radeon 9600XT 128Mb RAM
Creative Audigy Player
Microsoft Sidewinder Gamepad 10 buttons

yeah, that should run chankast fine mate, the CPU is near the requirements, and the 9600 should make up for that, you should get full speed in a few games mate :party:

OP
phantomflanf

phantomflanf

Not someone else.
If Chank was drawing every second frame and not generating sound I think I could get SF3_3S up to speed - or is that too optimistic?

-frameskip and -nosound will be included in later releases, won't they? Or is that also too optimistic.

When I bought my PC (Jan 2003) all 128MB graphics cards were over £100.

lucindrea

phantomflanf said:
When I bought my PC (Jan 2003) all 128MB graphics cards were over £100.

i just picked up a geforce fx5600 128mb for about $60 ( us ) ... so you should be able to find somthing around

as for what an emulator does to a cpu ... um it's a bit hard to explaine simply .. the cpu's in the consoles are made for games , and the games are made for them ... so when the game needs to say draw 200 triangles at X,Y position on the screen it's a matter of 2 or 3 instructions to the cpu that is directly connected to the graphix chip ( simple explation ) ... when it's done on a pc the os needs to load the instruction into memory , then convert it to a format the cpu can use , then fake the command that is natral for the console cpu into normaly 5 or 6 commands that do the same thing on the pc , then pipe that over to the grapic card ... etc. etc ...

i only posted that because i have seen people say things like " my cpu does 2G , and the orginal consol cpu only did 500mhz , so how is it possable my system is to slow" ...
keep in mind , some of the fastest computers in the world are HARD wired to do like 2 math functions ( their is a system that just figures out the garvational pull of stars in global clusters ) these computers could never run anything as complated as say , notepad .. but they can do that math problem a trillion times a second.

ya , i admire the guys who have managed to pull this off .. good job guys :)