What's new

Zelda Woes!

dredwing

well, to start off....
I have a capable pc for pj64, and can play almost all games no problems, except OoT.

at first everything seemed to run fine with all things maxed out, except the game would freeze, and usually take out my whole comp (resulting in many MB re-jumpings). no matter what I tried (and I tried everything), I couldn't prevent these totally random crashes.

so then I come here, which I haven't done in awhile, and find sp1. I dl that and what do you know.... no more crashes!!

but now I have a new problem. about every 5-6 secs the fps dip from 60 to 25. so now I'm trying everything possible to remedy it, and nothing works.
so I reinstall pj64 regular, and no speed probs, but now it crashes again. then I add sp1, and no crashes but now speed probs.

is there anyway to keep my speed constant and not have it crash??

OP
D

dredwing

checked cpu usage, r4300i or whatever jumps to 100% when the slow down occurs.
not sure if that has any relevance, cause it never happens with any other rom.

OP
D

dredwing

sorry for all the dumb questions. I figured out the problem now. the last windows update had some media player 9 crap, that caused some peoples systems to expierience heavy cpu usage on certain programs.

so incase someone happens to have the same problem with zelda speed, uninstall the latest update or restore to a previous point.