What's new

How many fps have DC for normal speed?

mezkal

Man on a mission
The dreamcast has two main refresh speeds (and two interlaced speeds to match) 50Hz and 60Hz (25 and 30hz for interlaced modes). These refer to PAL and NTSC standard refresh rates as it was made to work on a TV. VGA out is fixed at 60Hz.

Last edited:

IceFlow2

Some games run at 30fps
PAL version games run at 50fps
NTSC games run at 60fps

same as any other console out there.

Evrain

The Forbidden One
The normal speed value for almost every single game (from PC to Gameboy Advance, by MAME and DreamCast, is always 60fps.
Evrain

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
hmmm It would be nice to see a speed limiter on Chankast as Headhunter is way too fast and RE-CV can be too fast.

mezkal

Man on a mission
Evrain said:
The normal speed value for almost every single game (from PC to Gameboy Advance, by MAME and DreamCast, is always 60fps.
Evrain

Really? I thought there was no normal speed for games? The GBA runs at between 15fps (highres modes) to 75 FPS ( Sonic among others) . My PC runs games at well over 100FPS (Geforce FX 5900XT) sometimes and others at less than 50fps (highres dual screen mode 3200x1200). Its important not to confuse Fps with Hz. The DC displays in two Hz modes as I said - the FPS may vary wildly depending on what the game is doing (ie lots of Alpha) or how how hard its pushing the DC overall.

Cheers,

Mezkal

IceFlow2

What about the dreamcast games that max at 30 fps like sega gt?
Do they use the interlaced mode with some kind of a v-sync (refresh rate/fps limiter)?