What's new

Pokemon Series on GBA!

jjtoymachine

I've heard a rumor that the pokemon first series is going to be avaliable on the GBA! Each cartridge will have between 2 and 4 episode's on it! If anyone knows anything else or when they will be released please post it!

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
There are some GBA Pokemon games...
The Firered, LeafGreen, Saphir and the Ruby one.. you want more?
ANd where you had this rumor?

OP
J

jjtoymachine

no,no the actual tv show!

They putting them on GBA carts!

I read it in NAG magazine(South Africa), they going to sell for around $19

OP
J

jjtoymachine

Its True!

If you go to www.nintendo.com they have a flash movie on the left hand side if you select video advance then it will show what i'm talking about.

I seem to be the only person excited about this, but just think about it 4 episodes X20min, that 80min of video on the GBA! We could eventually see our fav. anime movies on the GBA! I know it would be kina lame watching a movie on 300x240 display, but for peepz that can't afford laptops i think its great! They must be using some hectic compression to fit this on a GBA cart.

smcd

Have you ever SEEN video carts for the GBA? They're not too terribly good in quality, and a very reduced sound.

OP
J

jjtoymachine

Do you mean like those lame intro’s like in Legacy of Goku 1? I agree, that was bad quality. But the purpose of the developers making legacy of goku was not to have movies in it, it was more like “we have 500k free space, lets put an intro in”, you can see this because it was cut short and didn’t have the original sound track. But now the sole purpose of video advance is to play video. There is also a difference between bad quality and acceptable quality. I really doubt that Nintendo will release anything that would not be of acceptable quality.