What's new

Conker runs exceptionally well but....

Supher

I got zero texture errors/glitches (thank god) like so many people have had problems with in the past but I do have this one tiny problem. It tends to run sluggish/laggy at times. It's not major slowdown but it's very noticable. I'm not sure if this is the rom or what but it's weird because I'm locked at 59-60fps.

revl8er

That Damn Good
It's probably like that on the n64 as well. I'm not sure since I haven't played the game in a while though.

OP
S

Supher

Mystic Gohan said:
It's probably like that on the n64 as well. I'm not sure since I haven't played the game in a while though.

Think so? That probaly could be the case... this game has VERY nice textures/graphics for an N64 game.

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
Supher said:
this game has VERY nice textures/graphics for an N64 game.

I could agree with that. Conker's was one of the most advanced examples of code optimization and graphics compression on the N64, however sometimes it couldn't keep up with Mp3 decompression/texture decompression/anti-aliasing etc. all at the same time.

-Shadow-

Banned
It tends to run sluggish/laggy at times. It's not major slowdown but it's very noticable. I'm not sure if this is the rom or what but it's weird because I'm locked at 59-60fps.

It can be fixed in most games when you lower the counter factor . I have these problems with Banjo-Kazooie on my real n64 . In some places the framerate was very jumpy . This happened also in Zelda :OOT when i looked into a explosion .

OP
S

Supher

The counter factor was at 2 so I tried lowering it to 1 and reloaded the rom. It works significantly better! Thanks :)

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
No problem ;)

But there are a few games which have problems with higher CF settings , Diddy Kong racing , for example . It runs way too fast with a CF lower than 3 .

The counter factor can also lower the Loading times in games , Banjo-Tooie , Mace : the dark age or Donkey Kong for example .

Last edited:

ugz602

I'm relatively new to using emulators. I just got the P64 emulator and I dled the Conker rom, but the sound skips like every second. Is it suppose to be this way?

revl8er

That Damn Good
Try using a different sound plugin such as one of Azimer's plugins which can be found in the downloads section. If that doesn't work then download 1964 and try Conker's bfd on that emulator.