What's new

Is compatibility with Windows 98 SE far off?

Cyruz

I don't need Chankast as I have my own real Dreamcast, but I've always wanted to see how well a DC could be emulated on a PC. Will there be support for the 9x versions of windows anytime soon?

Stezo2k

S-2K
If speculation is true, about chankast only supporting NT based cd-rom drivers, it shouldn't be that hard work to get it to run with win 9x via using aspi etc.

but, i don't think that is the problem, i have even heard of problems in win 2000, which works very similar to xp, so in my opinion, 9x compatability may be hard work

If your system meets the requirements of the emulator, you should have no problem running xp

[vEX]

niechift.com
Stezo2k said:
If speculation is true, about chankast only supporting NT based cd-rom drivers, it shouldn't be that hard work to get it to run with win 9x via using aspi etc.

but, i don't think that is the problem, i have even heard of problems in win 2000, which works very similar to xp, so in my opinion, 9x compatability may be hard work

If your system meets the requirements of the emulator, you should have no problem running xp

Chankast is currently using ioctl for reading CDs and thus won't work on the 9x family, i don't know if there is anything else stopping it too.