What's new

Homebrew Compatibility List

Wraggster

DCEmu Webmaster
Administrator
As you may or may not know DCEmu is part of the Emu 64/Emutalk Network and because of people on that forum ive sent all those here. Id like to at the same time have 2 Homebrew compat lists at both sites so that we can report on the Homebrew Compatibility in the Chanka Emu.

So if any of you can report if you have got any hombrew working and any screenshots that would be excellent.

Thanks in advance.

wraggster

Stezo2k

S-2K
hi wragg mate :)

from all the homebrew i have tested with the emulator, i haven't had success with even one of them, sorry mate

I think its related to an incompatability with kalistOS, i'm not sure

I would personally wait for the next version, compatability hopefully should be higher

XBOX

CHANKA CONTRIBUTOR
yeah it seems that Chanka doesnt like non Sega CODe, kalistOS related software dont work at all, i get is the warning then freezes, it like something is stoping the emulator from running kalistOS codes.

try stars 2nd mix, i got that working on dreamemu before i took the looong break so it should work on shanka, other kallisti stuff i had problems with

LyonHrt

Dcemu.co.uk guy
Actually since this post, we have started to get some kind of a list going, although tiny compared to commercial software, its a start

Trotterwatch

Homebrew compatability actually seems to be down in the newer versions, several games that work before don't work now.

Smash DC
Doom DC
Megaman (something or other)
to name just a few
Tetris DC (loaded up previously, crashed just before in game)

Course Alice and DCastle still work :)

May be just one of those things, or a problem with the way I am loading the others.

rcgamer

the old guy
The new gyruss (though im not sure if technically it counts as homebrew.
Boots up but freezes on the first screen.

alice ver.3 doesnt seem to be working here. It boots up but just goes to black screen.

Last edited:

mtsaint

i had a scuvmm image working day of the tentacle well not actually homebrew but a emulated game for the dreamcast. i had to shut it off it ran but while the image played it kept repating the same images on top of the openong cinematics LOL and then the sound gets buggy can handle that its chanka madness
i think beats of rage works not sure though