What's new

Christmas Nights Giri Giri, .cdi

daniel thoma

First off, my thanks to all those responsible for this message board. You've all been a tremendous help.

Now, I have a couple questions I'd like to ask. I've managed to get Christmas Nights working somewhat, by copying the games.dat entry for the Nights Sampler, and messing around with VSync. The game (bin/cue), for some reason, takes forever to load, although once the game loads things are better. Is there some known way to solve this?

Here are the settings from my games.dat file. Are these the best settings, and if not, what do you use?

;Christmas Nights(U)(Ãξ«Áé)(ËÙ¶ÈÌ«Âý-¿ÉÍæ)
[610-6483]
PriorityMode=0
EdsrShift=1
BankChck=1
CDWait=1
VSync=45

The speed is good, but not perfect, so I suspect more tweaking is needed. My computer is pretty powerful, and my Panzer Dragoon discs work fine, so hardware isn't an issue for me.

Finally (please excuse all the questions), is there some way to convert a .cdi file to .iso or bin/cue? I have a game on my hard drive (Burning Rangers) that I'd like to try out. Thanks for everything.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
The best settings for Nights are:
PriorityMode =0
EdsrShift=1
VSync=35
MaxTexCnt=1800
BankChck=1
CharPtnChck=0
Hint: To gain more speed try lowering the VSync (it works for all games), be careful though because the game may hang/crash and have other problems.
You have to press the start button repeatedly when the game shows a black screen to make it start.
There are some programs that covert .cdi images to .iso images, use a search engine like google to find them. Or you can use nero to burn the image to a cd and then CDRwin to make a bin/cue image of the game

Last edited:
OP
D

daniel thoma

Thanks for everything. I managed to solve the "black screen" riddle pretty quickly. There's something odd about VSync I've noticed, though. Everyone says that lowering the V number increases the speed, but my experience has been the exact opposite. The framerate listed on the F4 option shows a higher framerate, but the game itself runs slower and slower. It seems to speed up on the higher numbers, although the listed "framerate drops into the mid-40s. Wierd.

Still, Nights works pretty well on the suggested settings, and I'm more than happy to finally see a decent Saturn emulator.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
If VSync is too low (below 30 on Nights) then there are going to be slowdowns on some games, if VSync is too high (above 55 on Nights) then most games will be slow.

Last edited: