What's new

>__<

LoganGiner

I sincerely apologize for being so naive, but...err... I’ve had a few problems with my Project 64 emulator

1) I’ve tried to download Rice's plug-ins but when I put them in the plug-in file they just send an error message

2) Starfox 64 has horrible scratchy sounds most of the levels

I know people have already answered these questions, but im kinda new to all the N64 emulation and the problems that follow (although I played SNES, GAMEBOY, NES all the time)

I only post this because I need somebody to explain this to me in plain english... err please? ^__^

(note to self… probably gonna get banned for this post >__<)

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Don't worry ^_^ you won't get banned, we are not THAT mean :p.
First of all you have to copy some DLL's from 1964's directory to PJ64's directory to make Rice's plug-ins work.
Regarding starfox, try downloading another audio plugin.
If you still have problems post your PC specs so that we can help you.

OP
L

LoganGiner

Alrighty.... hmm here are the specs

P4
2.52 GHz
512 Mb of RAM
This is a relatively new computer so I forget what graphics card it has

Could you point me in the right direction of these things that I need to download?... err I downloaded 1964 itself... but every game I put on there works horribly!

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
You can download 1964 from this thread. After that, you must copy the "xxxx.dll" files from 1964's folder into PJ64's folder. After that you will be able to use Rice's plugins with PJ64.
You may be able to fix the sound problems on Starfox if you use another audio plugin, you can find some audio plugins in this thread (I recommend using Azimer's Audio Plugin 0.40 beta 2).
If you still have problems, find what graphics card and sound card you have and tell me the exact problems you have.

yumero

i've had those same problems for such a long time with starfox and i never was able to fix it. there is thread below where psyman is trying to help me out. it called 'starfox 64 sound problems.'

OP
L

LoganGiner

I tried what you said... now I get three times as many error messages when I try to change the plug-ins

Ok, hmm I forget exaclty how to find out where my grafics card and sound card are..

Also im having problems with the following games

Spacestation Sillicon Valley: OH WHREE TO START!... The textures are messed up, the 2d graphics appear in the black line that surrounds the actual screen of the game...

Paper Mario: Flickers like crazy

Starfox: sound problems

Probably a bunch of other games in the future aswell :crazy:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
The GFX problems with this games are known issues and cannot be helped except if you use other video plugins. To learn which your video card is do the following: Right click on your desktop and go to "properties" and then to the tab "settings", your monitor's and video card's name will be under the word "display". You may have to get the latest drivers for your video card and install the latest DirectX version in order to make Rice's plugins work.
About the sound issues on Starfox you may be able to find a solution in this thread.

sheik124

Emutalk Member
ok, its good, but not that good, go to nvidia.com, get the newest drivers, then go to microsoft.com and download DirectX 9.0b, note, with your gfx card, Direct64 is not a supported plugin :(