What's new

FPS Controls?

dataangel

I'm trying to get a good perfectdark/goldeneye setup for WASD + Mouse Look but I can't tweak it properly. I set the mouse to the analog stick in input settings, but the problem is that it doesn't pick slight mouse movements regardless of the sensitivity. When I sneak around a corner and I want to do a headshot of some guy with my silenced pistol, I move the mouse very slowly to make sure I aim correctly. Unfortunately nothing happens when I make very slight mouse movements. The windows cursor moves, but 1964 doesn't react at all. It doesn't matter if I use the builtin plugin or darkman's one.

I noticed if I turn on Absolute X/Y these slight movements are picked up, but the problem then is that locking my mouse cursor to the center doesn't work in 1964 :p I set the key to lock it to 'M'. I hit M, and it says "Mouse Locked" but I can still move the mouse around as freely as ever, it just teleports the mouse to the center for 1 second and then I can move it anywhere I want again :p Without being able to lock the mouse, moving the mouse to the left will cause me to continuously turn to the left until I move the cursor back to the center of the screen :p Same problem with both plugins.

Anyone have any ideas? Maybe a 3rd party program to lock mouse to center until this is fixed for 1964?