What's new

PJ64 – crashes sometimes when tried to load working roms

Ratboy79

hi all – using windows XP and pj64 151 runs great, but ‘sometimes’ (randomly) it is impossible to load a rom. I open the extracted rom manually and get an error message “pj64 has encountered a problem and needs to close…”

sometimes it will load fine – but as soon as it stops working once, it will continue not to work (until a reboot).

Im using a Radeon 9600xt and a P4C800-E Deluxe mobo with on-board sound. I also use 2 old MS sidewinders, not that that should matter? thx for any help.

LordThrawn

Ratboy79 said:
hi all – using windows XP and pj64 151 runs great, but ‘sometimes’ (randomly) it is impossible to load a rom. I open the extracted rom manually and get an error message “pj64 has encountered a problem and needs to close…”

sometimes it will load fine – but as soon as it stops working once, it will continue not to work (until a reboot).

Im using a Radeon 9600xt and a P4C800-E Deluxe mobo with on-board sound. I also use 2 old MS sidewinders, not that that should matter? thx for any help.

you might have a bad rom try d/l good n64 and scan your roms. that usually can clear up if you have any bad roms

OP
R

Ratboy79

The thing is the roms are fine cos they work most of the time…the problem is with either my graphics card or the emulator (or, indeed, XP).

Also – which are the best plugins to get for the ATI Radeon 9600xt? Thx for reading.

machspeed

Dead Guy
did you install direct x 9.0, and get all your updated drivers? I think Jabo's might work best for you though...just make sure you have EVERYTHING on defaults....some setting you may or may not have checked may be disagreeing with your video card...try playing on defaults and see if it flies right

hope i helped some
machspeed :gunman: