What's new

How can this be so fast??!!!

HostLink

Hey where is this server located? It is amazing how fast the pages loads up, eg now the other forums where I use to be (and I am still there) doesnt even load at all I guess because I am dling files with Morpheus, but this forums pages loads in just a blink! note that I'm in 56K... I think I will come here more often now!! :)

Martin

Administrator
Cool, it's great to hear feedback like that. :)

Yes, we're using a dedicated server for the Emulation64 network only, that's why the speed is so excellent. The server is located in Houston, TX. Add to the fact that vBulletin is an amazing message board, and you'll have a successful receipt. :D

And don't forget to use this smilie sign I made

:emutalk1:

:cool:

Jfletcher

I'm on DSL and Morpheus sucks the life out of my internet and PC when I'm running Win98. Some strange CPU throttling thing it does makes me crash if I'm doing too much in the background. (Only on Win98/ME) Xp is a dream!

OP
HostLink

HostLink

Yes, here when I start Morpheus makes me think that the Windows98 session is about to collapse, MP3 playing pauses, mouse freezes, but finally it runs "properly" but not that properly cus half of my downloads magically dissapear.
Noooooo, sure there is no spyware, noooooooo no no....

Jfletcher

I've tried Bearshare, WinMX, Morpheus, and the other riff-raff.
Morpheus gets the best downloads and speeds but is extremely unstable in Win98/ME (NO problems in XP).
Bearshare has the biggest results for everything but it's hard to get a good link sometimes (Never crashed under any OS). Bearshare is better for obscure things like old movies, Operating Systems, and other unmentionable things. I downloaded Windows 3.1 (10 Megs) just for the fun of it the other day.

OP
HostLink

HostLink

yes u can also find that with Morpheus, I dont like bearshare because with my 56K is really slow to dl and also hard to dl things in general, the only thing i see is "Timed Out" or Retry in...
I stay with Morpheus, and hope they release a more stable version for Win98 because if I wanna download winXP I have to use Morpheus in win98, hehehe...