What's new

Stupid Question.

maximius

I can't get Rice's Video Plugin 5.5.1 to work on PJ64, how can I get it to work?

EDIT:

I also can't get N-Rage`s Direct-Input8 V2 1.82 to work.

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
you need to move the two dll's that end with 71 from 1964 to your pj64 folder(not the plugin flolder).
they are mvsrp or something to that effect .

Last edited:
OP
M

maximius

i just compared the 2 emulators running Paper Mario with the same settings, they ran it almost EXACTLY the same. The FPS of one never went more than 0.50 away from the other :p the only diffrence between them was, is that 1964 was running on interpreter with frame skip, and project64 was running with recompiler no frame skip. I noticed that 1964 was a tiny bit darker, and that when the menu's rotated, on project64 is was more of a rainbow color shooting horizontally from it, but with 1964 it was a white color. Also, Project64 seemed just a bit louder, and I FINALLY figured out why i like the look of PJ64 BETTER! It's less fricking crowded with menus! *hint hint to 1964 developers*

rcgamer

the old guy
well interpreter mode is a lot more cpu intensive than recompiler. so you cant compare those findings. and i highly doubt that 1964 devs are going to change the gui because you dont like it.

Clements

That 'Rainbow colour' is a sign that the framebuffer effect isn't working (ie. not a good sign). I think I'm right in saying that Rice's video ad 1964 0.9.9 has extended zilmar spec to make the framebuffer more compatible with games, so it won't work how it should in PJ64.

OP
M

maximius

rcgamer said:
well interpreter mode is a lot more cpu intensive than recompiler. so you cant compare those findings. and i highly doubt that 1964 devs are going to change the gui because you dont like it.

I wasn't really comparing them, it was just a general example of how much faster 1964 is, and I never expect ANYONE to change the GUI of their program just because someone 'doesn't like it'.

machspeed

Dead Guy
i got a question for you, maximus....how well do these ROMs generally play on a computer like yours??? Can it happen? i hope the 97MHz is a typo, no offense.... I just wanted to know

machspeed :gunman:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
OT - Maximius, how did you manage to get DDR ram and a K6-2? The K6-2 came way before DDR, and I doubt any manufacturer added DDR to Socket7 when it was new..