What's new

Fastest good PsX emu?

bohdy

Hi, I have a PII 400 and a GF2 GTS graphics card and I was wondering what would be the best Playstation emulator for me to use? I have tried ePSXe and found it much too slow to enjoy playing games so I am looking for something with good speed on my PC, good compatability and decent visuals.

Any suggestions?

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
ePSXe is your best option. How about we hear what plugins you're using and what your plugin settings are?

Try using P.E.Op.S. plugin, it should increase the speed quite a bit on your system. Configure P.E.Op.S. by using the Fast setup in the lower left corner.

Allnatural

400 MHz is dog-slow by todays standards, and less than the recommended specs for ePSXe (and probably most PSX emulators). A particular plugin or tweak may help, but I think that proc is going to be a bottleneck with all but the oldest games.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
The soft plugins might be your only choice for such a slow computer...
and that probably is the best speed you'll be able to reach. If it's slow, then there's nothing you can do about it.

Oh and try disabling sound ;)

gandalf

Member ready to help
oh man,nobody knows about a "hacked" VGS,called Emurayden.This emulator it´s very simillar to VGS,but with more speed and better compatibility.It´s works OK with slowers processor (P II 333 works fine).

You can find it in the official page,but: the page contains illegal stuff,and it´s down,but next week will be online

revl8er

That Damn Good
emurayden is a great choice, but you might want to try epsxe or psxeven also. You can use peops plugin which works great.

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Why is everyone saying how the Pentium II 400Mhz is the bottleneck in his system, then suggesting he offloads most of the video processing onto the already stressed CPU rather than using his perfectly good GeForce2 GTS graphics card?

Clements

Because they don't know the fact that he should be using Pete's OpenGL rather than the CPU intensive P.E.Op.S that would run like ass on a PII 400MHz, and have significantly less image quality in 3D games as well. :happy: