What's new

Need Help: WWF No Mercy black talk bubbles

SlashedEyes

Hi everyone, I'm new to the board and I have a problem that I was hoping maybe some of you could help me with.

My computer is a 2.5 ghz dell 2400 series, I believe I have a 32 mb video card, but I'm not positive on that, and I have 256 ram.

I use Project 64 with Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.1 and Service pack 1. Now all the THQ wrestling games I play run flawlessly, for the most part. NWO/WCW revenge and World Tour, and Wrestlemania 2000, the only problem being certain things lack color, like the bar on which to change the colors on CAWs are solid black.

Now with No Mercy, I don't have these problems at all, its perfect, EXCEPT for one thing. In Championship mode, whenever a character is talking, their talk bubbles are solid black. Now of course its not that big of a deal, the games still playable and all, but I have no idea whats going on, and if there is a way to fix it, I would like to.

So yeah, I rambled on way too long, but does anyone know what the problem is or anyway I can solve it? Thanks alot for reading and thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

OP
S

SlashedEyes

Nobody have any idea about what I should do?

I was also wondering if its possible to use GameShark codes with Project 64.

PalmTree

try doing a search. i've only been a member for a short time, but i've seen this come up many times.

the solution is to use a different video plugin. try the newest version of rice video (5.5.1). This runs the game near perfect for me.

OP
S

SlashedEyes

PalmTree said:
try doing a search. i've only been a member for a short time, but i've seen this come up many times.

the solution is to use a different video plugin. try the newest version of rice video (5.5.1). This runs the game near perfect for me.

Thanks for the info man, I'll give it a try

machspeed

Dead Guy
well, this may be a long shot: i dont play many wrestling games, but try this:

go into the settings for jabo's direct3d6, turn on 'emulate clear' on one of the dropdowns, also go into the ROM settings tab and on the 2nd dropdown menu, set it to always....Sorry im not too detailed, but im not home now to check: ill post some screens later

machspeed :gunman:

Jacolover

my solution

The Glide64 plugin runs No Mercy very well. You'll need the evoodoo glide wrapper, and I'm sure you can fin good instructions on how to make it work. The black talk bubbles are visible with this plugin. My only issue is during video playback (titantron videos, intro movie)-- I get an error that stops emulation until you press alt-enter again. So the videos are an issue. But the emulation is MUCH better than Jabo's.