What's new

Crashing in Ogre Battle 64

Vankar

First of all, as a new member, I've found Emutalk.net to be indispensible in resolving issues I've had with N64 emulators. However, I believe I have come across a problem not discussed before...

I have been running OB64 on both Project 64 1.5sp1 and 1964v.99, on both Windows 2000 and Windows XP, using the Rice 5.50 plugin (and recently upgrading to 5.51 for the backgrounds w/PJ64 :w00t: ) The game has run fine on both emulators, despite the normally reported bugs. However, one problem has remained...the game/emulator crashes when I enter a battle using a charatcter of the Fencer type :chinese: and the said character attacks. It is strange b/c the emulator crashes completely, with no error message, as soon as he attacks, in 1964, and I get the following error message w/ PJ64 1.5 "Project64.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created". This is not a gfx plugin issue b/c it happens on BOTH emu's, regardless of what plugin I used (I tried different plugins to make sure it wasn't just a plugin issue.) and it's not an OS issue b/c it does the same thing on both machines. Even stranger, when I get into a battle with enemy units having fencer class units, they can attack with no problem. It's really disappointing b/c I am restricted from using this class with the two emu's. Has anyone else had this problem?

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Fencers rock. They lead to the strongest class in the game. Well, the strongest general class, anyway.

That issue sucks... lucky thing I don't have to worry about it ;)

yumero

way to help him out Tagrineth....:/ anyway did you try reinstalling the emulators? i've never heard of this problem before so i don't think there is much help i can give you. but try uninstalling the emu, then reinstall them and see what happens.

now that i think about it, i heard that rom was having problems. if you can't get help here, try the emuparadise.org forums.