What's new

Donkey Kong?

skitzophile

has anyone got dk working? i've tried a lot of setting and all i get is a black screen. any help would be....well....helpful (monty python). thanks!

Tesla-Guy

Use Jabo's D3D v1.30 (comes with pj1.3), no you needn't set anything. but make sure 8mb rdram is turned on if you don't have inis v0.7.1 or v0.7.2 :cool:

Tesla-Guy

Strange... i got it to work without changing anything... tell your specs if using these plugins (the plugins i use) doesn't help you.
a)Jabo's D3D 1.30
b)Azimer's Audio v0.30
c)N64 Virtual Pad

Firestar007

I also got it to work without changing anything ???. My question is: Does anyone else get that annoying camera thing in DK64? It happens in all the versions of Jabo's plugin. If you get the problem, you know what I'm talking about.

Firestar007

:sneaky: Ooooh! I see . Its a copy-protection, eh? Well, we'll see about that! Emu authors have managed to break all the others. :D

sk8bloke22

roll for life
it could be. rare has done something like this before. i think it happened in UltraHLE and Banjo Kazooie, where Banjo was like a midget.

Rice

Emulator Developer
Sk8.

If you are talking about the problem to play Banjo in UHle and you get small banjo, can not exist from any level, I don't think it was caused by some copyright protection. should be just a bug in uhle code. New emus like Apollo and 1964 do not have any code to hack such a copyright protection to make Banjo playable, because there is never such a protection. UHLE has a lot of such problems, and it is why it needs all the modification in its INI.

Regarding DK64, I really have no idea how the camera problem happens, but I guess it is related to incorrect timing.

Does anyone see the same problem in TR64? I remember TR64 is better, can play this game w/o camera problem, but I tried a few days ago, it has the same problem!

OP
S

skitzophile

ok, i found out i had got a bad rom. now that i have the correct one the game blazes. like it's 231% faster than it should be.

Athlon TBird 1.4
256MB DDR
64MB Radeon

zilmar

Emulator Developer
banjoo thing is a rare copy protection against backup devices, since 1964 executes the boot code you should have no issue with that .. uhle didn't execute the boot code .. so it had to have patches to get around that ..

Rice

Emulator Developer
Thank Zilmar to correct my answer.

I don't understand why uhle decided to skip boot code.

Slougi

Rice said:
Thank Zilmar to correct my answer.

I don't understand why uhle decided to skip boot code.
It still worked nicely didn't it ;)
Well I guess RM and Epsilon didn't see a reason to do that, cause if I remember correctly, banjo wasn't yet out at that moment. Not sure, that's just my opinion :p

Tesla-Guy

To all emu authors: dunno if this helps you but here it is: In Donkey Kong 64 i played a bit(dunno how i managed to do it without getting dizzy) and reached a place where you become a rhino. As soon as i became a rhino, the camera bug stopped!