What's new

HELP! "failed to load WORD. Verify Rom and Rom setting"?

shaydeezchic

I got this error message while playing Harvest Moon64. I've been playing this game for a while and got this error message before. I did the whole good rom check and I never got any error message again. The game worked flawlessly. But now, it's happening again! The Rom's name is Harvest Moon 64 (U) [!] so it should work fine, right? How can I fix it? Please help.

Jammy

Spoilet Brat
Does reseting Project 64 help! i have the same problem sometimes and reseting it works.

[DDLY] Physh

hmm, when i play banjo-kazooie and go to "view totals" it has the same error message. I tried restartting / changing all the settings around - no luck. ne ideas? thnx.

Jammy

Spoilet Brat
soz i wouldn't know. i havent got banjo-kazooie to see this problem. Hm maybe if you want, try playing it in a different emulator that might help.

[DDLY] Physh

do u know of any other emulators that open *.v64? (the filename is Banjo-Kazooie (U) [b2].v64 but in Banjo-Kazooie (U) [b2].zip

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
can't you just manually change the file extension? I know it doesnt work for like .mp3 to .wav files, but I'm thinking for ROMs it doesn't mattar.

Clements

[DDLY] Physh said:
do u know of any other emulators that open *.v64? (the filename is Banjo-Kazooie (U) [b2].v64 but in Banjo-Kazooie (U) [b2].zip

Bad rom. That's probably why it crashes since it is corrupt.

Jammy

Spoilet Brat
That might be the prob. Your banjo-kazooie file hasnt got a [!] at the end, meaning its a bad rom, and might crash or not work at some points a.k.a view total screen. If you download Good 64 it will check your rom files and redirect them from being a good rom or a bad rom. I use this Software so i know i havent got iffy files. I mean it would be dreadful to Play Conkers bad fur day or something and get to the final boss and the rom crashes.

Jammy

Spoilet Brat
what? the harvest moon 64 problem has been sorted. were going on about a different game, helping a DIFFERENT person.

[DDLY] Physh

thnx, i typed in goodn64 > txt file, and it came up with this. is the rom ok?

Found GoodN64.db, Ignoring N64Have

Stats: 2600 entries, 830 redumps, 693 bad/overdumps
504 hacks/trainers/translations
[New Style Msgs, using SHA-1]
Scanning .\*.v64.z64.n64.rom.jap.usa.pal.bin.u64
You are missing 1729 of 1730 known Nintendo 64 ROMS (V2.02)

You have 1 of 2600 known Nintendo 64 ROMS (V2.02)

1 duplicates in total were found (previous + this session)

Cadex

No, it is not ok because of the [b2]. The "b" stands for bad dump. You need to use good roms which have [!] instead.

Do not ask where this rom can be found, you will get banned. You'll have to acquire it yourself.

zAlbee

Keeper of The Iron Tail
Banjo-Kazooie (U) [b2] can be fixed with one of the Bad-to-Good N64 patches using IPSWin. i had this very version myself and turned it into (U) [!].

edit: download the patches from www.smiff.clara.net -> Utilities for roms

Last edited:

-Shadow-

Banned
Yeah the IPS patches are nice ^_^ But one patch made my Donkey Kong [b1] to an unknown rom , still works , though ^_^ Aren't there ANY Ips patches for master quest [f1] ?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
The best patch is the following: Open the rom with a hex editor go to line "0000:0030" (horizontal) "0F" (vertical) and change the "45" into a "50" (hexademical). :)