What's new

pj64 rdb

Ultraz9000

project 64 says my Automobili Lamborghini rom is a bad rom but it works perfectly. is there something wrong with my rdb file?

Clements

Certain bad roms appear to run fine, but still are bad roms that have something that is corrupt/hacked etc. that is different to the original rom image. Use a tool such as GoodN64 (available in the download section) to check it. If the rom is renamed with a [!] at the end of a filename such as:

Automobili Lamborghini (E) [!]
Automobili Lamborghini (U) [!]

...you are in the clear and the RDB is wrong (unlikely)

More likely the rom is corrupt and will be renamed to one of the following:

Automobili Lamborghini (U) [f1]
Automobili Lamborghini (U) [t1]

...or not even be recognised at all.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Ultraz9000 said:
thanks for the help.

To find out what the rom is use GOODN64, you can get it here on the GOODN64 Section.

Make sure you grab all the files including the help chm if you dont know how to use GOODN64 and the GoodWindows.

Legend

I had this problem too and even after using GoodN64 and getting a !, it still said it was bad so I do think it's a problem with the RDB. I even tried to downloading numerous others but still had this problem.

lyssa

Does GoodN64 work with zipped files? Because I have 408 roms that are all zipped and no space to unzip them :(

-Shadow-

Banned
Does GoodN64 work with zipped files? Because I have 408 roms that are all zipped and no space to unzip them

Wooow , that are nearly all 64 games that have been released in all versions.... ( I know only 120 , and have 138 ;) )

ackmondual

Clements said:
Yes, GoodN64 can handle zipped roms just fine so no need to extract those roms.

Really? The docs say that it's best to unzip them. Best as in faster and more accurate. I just used their suggested rom unzipping utility. Nice util too. 14 roms unzipped instantly

If the rom is renamed with a [!] at the end

What about ( ! )? I got some roms that have that. It doesn't mention the paranthesis anywhere, as opposed to the square brackets