What's new

Dragon Force crashing

Kibid Ryu

Hey all how's it going? I was wondering if anybody had a moment if they could help me. I'm trying to play Dragon Force 1 on the naughty girigiri(as I hear that's the only emu that currently works for DF, and that their are no major problems aside from a minor sound bug), here's my problem. There's about a 20percent chance that after the "sega" screen, the screen goes black and into lala land, if this does not happen, the game continues for awhile before eventually spitting me out to the BIOS screen, it says something in japanesse, I click on "play" and reboot the game, if it loads back up the game plays normally for about 3-4 minutes and then hardlocks the computer forcing me to pull the plug. I was wondering if anybody could post some helpful suggestions to point me in the righ direction. Here's what I've tried so far.

-Tried both bios, 1.00 and 1.01. 1.00 doesn't seem to cause the possible crash after the "sega" screen, but still hardlocks after a few minutes of playtime.

-All drivers are updated, ATI Catalyst 4.3, dx9.0b etc

Thanks for any help that can be offered.

sys specs

Pentium 4 3.0ghz
ATI Radeon 9800PRO
1gig ddr400
Sony DVDdru530a

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
If you are using an iso try to create a new one (it may be corrupted).
If you are running the game from a cd try updating your ASPI drivers.
You sould also try changing the area number from base.ini
If nothing of the above works then it may be fault of the game's configuration (from games.dat) or a bug in the emulator.

Zelgadis411

I have the same problem, where the emulator blacks out and simply stops. I have the CD with me, but CDRwin tells me there are some sectors or tracks it cannot read. Is there a way around it?

I also have an ISO, but it also has the problem of going black. Following other advice I have double-checked the area code and updated my ASPI layers.

Is there anything I can do about the emulator stopping?

Or perhaps is there another way I can make an image of the CD when CDRwin seems to be unable to create one?

Thanks for your time. I hope someone can offer some help.