What's new

How do I do an rdb entry?

lyssa

because I've got a couple of games listed as Bad Rom, even though I know they work fine. I copied the basic listing from the bottom of the rdb file and moved it into the main group (so I could add cheats) but it still comes up with bad Rom and not the proper description. This is what I've got for the game so far:
[AB5E61C8-A2FA7596-C:45]
Internal Name=PENNY RACERS
RDRAM Size=Default
Counter Factor=Default
Save Type=First Save Type
CPU Type=Default
Self-modifying code Method=Default
Reg Cache=Yes
Use TLB=Yes
Delay SI=No
SP Hack=No
Use Large Buffer=No
Core Note=[Penny Racers]
Plugin Note=

Allnatural

A bad rom is still a bad rom, regardless if it works "fine" as you say. Have you used GoodN64? I'll concede that a bad dump may play to the very end without problems, but they're unpredictable.

If you still wish to relabel your roms in the browser it can be done. Assuming you have the correct CRC in your example there, you need only add a status flag (Status= ). The list of recognized flags is near the top of the rbd along with the html color code for each one. You're also missing a flag for ABL (Linking= ), but I don't know how important that is since Penny Racers doesn't require a specific setting as far as I know.

If you have the browser set to show good names for your roms rather than file names, you'll also want to add a flag for the good name (Good Name= ).

Last edited:

Flash

Technomage
Allnatural said:
A bad rom is still a bad rom, regardless if it works "fine" as you say. Have you used GoodN64? I'll concede that a bad dump may play to the very end without problems, but they're unpredictable.
It's not about bad dumps, it's about rdb errors, for example i have
Bass Racing Ecogear Power Worm Championship (J) [!].zip (what a name :D) and PJ says Bad ROM? Use GoodN64 blah blah...