What's new

Starting Emulation

FBStar22

Can anyone recommend what emulator I should use to play dreamcast roms? Do I need to download any plugins or a bios file too? Thanx

Guru64

There is no emulator that can play Dreamcast roms, because Dreamcast roms don't even exist!
There are Dreamcast iso's, but only Icarus can play them and Icarus is not released.

And why is this in Saturn Shack?

OP
FBStar22

FBStar22

r u sure about the having no roms or emulators? I see something called satourne is around... that a saturn emulator right? If it is, then what types of files does it load?

Alchy

FBStar22 said:
r u sure about the having no roms or emulators? I see something called satourne is around... that a saturn emulator right? If it is, then what types of files does it load?
Cartridge-based devices are backed up as roms. So the Genesis has roms, the SNES has roms, the N64 has roms etc. CD-based devices are backed up as isos. So the PSX has isos, the 3DO has isos, and the Saturn has isos. It's pretty simple really.

Satourne is a free emulator that will run Saturn games. You'll need a very high-spec machine to get playable fps out of it though.