What's new

emu play

Kaoss626

works with psx and psone... I'm using ePSXe (www.ngemu.com) and I just finished the first disk of FFIX last night. psx emulation works slightly better on FMVs if you make an ISO of the disk, but it will run off the CD-Rom.

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
stoopid said:
can you play legaly bought game discs in psone, ps2(is there one?) emus? if yes, how?

You can't play PS2 games as no emu currenty exsists to play comercial games.

There are a few good emus for the PSOne, my personal favorite is ePSXe.

OP
S

stoopid

Mystic Gohan said:
I would recommend making isos of your psx games if you want the best possible quality.

how do you do that, and what is it (i kinda new to emulating and that kind o`stuff, besides i AM stoopid...)

EDIT: bout the way.. are there 3d model rippers for it? have a project goin` on.

Last edited:

Kaoss626

stoopid said:
how do you do that, and what is it (i kinda new to emulating and that kind o`stuff, besides i AM stoopid...)

look into a program called Alchohol 120% or one called ISO Buster... aside from that I really don't think forum rules allow for much more help to be given (I'm not about to get myself banned)

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Everything you want to know about ePSXe can be found at the NGEmu

forums. http://www.ngemu.com/forums/index.php

They have a guide about how to make ISO's and any other questions you'll have (which, I know you will, this emu's not the easiest to get configured perfectly). Just do NOT ask about downloading iso's and such, or that will get you a quick ticket to bannsville.

Kaoss626

http://www.mameworld.net/easyemu/epsxeguide.htm

has a good guide on how to get things up and running on epsxe.

things are a touch out of date tho......

nolonger need CD mooby to mount a ISO as a CD-rom drive.... epsxe reads them directly.

the versions are out of date... I'd suggest 1.6.0 for most games.... but have 1.5.2 handy because some games (mostly ones by SQUARE) puke on the FMVs in 1.6.0

the GPU plugins are out of date... there is a new PEOPs plugin and newer Pete's plugins... I suggest looking into Pete's D3D, OGL and OGL2 ones.

there is a new version of ePSXeCutor (front end) and I highly recommend using it to control the way epsxe behaves.... ie. per game plugin settings.