What's new

windows 2000 NT

Chibi Nick

Emutalk Member
I wasn't aware there was windows 2000 NT ;)

You know you could've just editted your post ?

Anyways... I've heard somewhere that Windows NT doesn't support newer dx versions ? Or properly support them or something ?

Flash

Technomage
Chibi Nick said:
I wasn't aware there was windows 2000 NT ;)

You know you could've just editted your post ?

Anyways... I've heard somewhere that Windows NT doesn't support newer dx versions ? Or properly support them or something ?
NT= WinNT4, Win2000, XP, 2003 (of course there's NT 3.5 but it's too old)
NT4 can work with DX8 (dunno about DX9), 2K,XP etc - DX9

CyrylTheWolf

\/\/4ND3RING \/\/0LF
Let me break it down for you...

There were multiple versions of Windows NT.

Windows NT v3.0, v3.5 and of course v4.0.

Now here's where you need to pay attention.

Windows 2000 = Windows NT v5.0
Windows XP = Windows NT v5.1

This is pasted directly from the command prompt window you can get from running the "cmd" command in the RUN dialog in the Start menu:

"Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]"

The ".2600" is a BUILD number. (Many programs are rebuilt and recompiled several times depending on certain circumstances.)

Windows 2000 and Windows XP are both based on the Windows NT Kernel. (The core of the operating system.) Does this make more sense to you now?

There ya go. Either way... Wanna know the truth about windows? Well I can't put the image here for some reason so here is a link to it. (Why do I get a page error when I click the button to insert an image? Something wrong with emutalk?)

http://stormhaven.servehttp.com/wincement.jpg

Chibi Nick

Emutalk Member
CyrylTheWolf said:
Let me break it down for you...

...etc.
I was being sarcastic... I know very well what 2k and XP are. But that is not it's name. I was just being sarcastic about the name. It's name isn't "Windows NT 5.0" even though technically that may be what it is. It's name is "Windows 2000". You don't call a Butterfly a Caterpillar, do you? No, because technically that's not it's name, even though they are the same creature.

>.<