What's new

Rice's Daedelus plugin port

eug

Hi all,
I am running slackware 9 on an 850mhz Tbird classic Athlon with a Geforce 2 mx and nvidia's 5336 (i think) drivers. Mupen preforms great on the computer and it is a joy to see a real no frills n64 emulator running unix native.
My problem is that although I have a binary of the Rice Daedelus plugin that came with the Mupen64 v 0.3, I can not get it to work for the life of me. This seems like a great port with tons of options. I tried looking on google for a newer port (5.3.x? ) but all I find are dead links.
I was wondering if anybody still either had the ported source, or the binary of the newer rice plugin port. The url was aparantly deleted from the post on this message board. Perhaps some people have encountered a similar problem. Mupen64 dumps the following into console when attempting to emulate anything with my "Rice" binary:

init timer!
memory initialized
[blight's SDL input plugin]: version 0.0.8 initialized.
Initializing OpenGL Device Context
(II) Initializing SDL video subsystem...
(II) Getting video info...
(II) Setting video mode 320x240...
NVIDIA Corporation - GeForce2 MX/AGP/3DNOW! : 1.4.1 NVIDIA 53.36
(II) JttL's sound plugin version 1.1.1
(II) Initializing SDL audio subsystem...
(II) Allocating memory for audio buffer: 65536 bytes.
demarrage r4300
interprétation
(EE) Obtained frequency differs from requested.
Signal number 4 caught:
errno = 0 (Success)
Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x42c0)!

Thank you very much =)

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
I don't think newer version would help. But if you can compile the source code of your version with debug symbols ( it's gcc's -g option) and run mupen64 in gdb and wait until it crashes, gdb will tell at which line it crashes. This information would probably help us.

Now that i think about it, are you sure you have daedalus ini file ? it should be put in the plugins directory, otherwise, if i remember right, it produces the same error as you have.

OP
E

eug

Thanks for the quick responce!

Sadly I can not find neither the source of the linux port of the plugin nor any binary other than what came with the 0.30 mupen64 obtained from the official website.

OP
E

eug

thanks again, sorry I did not check that thread!

I updated glibc and compiled the plugin without a hitch.