What's new

Direct Pad Pro

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
I've made my own little NES to Parallel port cable using the standard diagrams. All works fine in pad response on calibration tests etc.. However in Jnes it seems that the directional pad has some issues. In any game, lets say i press left, it'll go left but it'll keep going left until i press right, and so on...
Is this a known issue? or just something weird with my setup here?

Jabo

Emulator Developer
sounds like it's weird in your setup, i'm not familiar with that hardware -- only heard of it, but it sounds like either it requires special handling (doubt it tho) or some other factor this is awry

if you have any info or quick links to read i wouldn't mind reading up on it myself

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Well the site has drivers which is a plus, but it's a vxd which from my own experience might have problems on some of the more recent NT platforms

semantics aside, if it works in control panel and especially if it works in other directx software i would say it should work in jnes, so try some other software -- the direct input implementation is quite tested and such, if you found a problem i wouldnt be shocked, but it's unlikely